I am having issues with ringing on some of my files. Typical the type of files affected have quiet passages between lyrics or notes when you here the ringing. This ringing has been isolated to files loaded into Roon and does not occur when the same file is played from Windows Media Player. These files have been loaded up in FLAC format to Roon. I have eliminated the external DAC, speakers, and amp/pre amp. This does not happen when the original CD is played in the PC’s cd transport.
Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Brian_bonham!
May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.
Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.
So we can better understand this behavior, please verify the following:
- Can you confirm that Roon is up to date, along with the firmware on your endpoints?
- Can you share a screenshot of the signal path for one of the tracks that exhibits this behavior?
- Does this behavior occur for all audio zones? If you play to System Output do you still notice this?
Thanks for your response. Answers to your questions:
- I use system output only.
- I have DSP turned off.
- System is 64 bit based
- Storage is 1TB hard drive(non solid state) with 16 Gig of Ram
- I used DBPOWERAMP as for cd ripper software set to FLAC
- I do not use any other music software
- System is windows 10 based
- DAC is Music Fidelity #V-DAC
- Path is Source(Flac)-PC(Roon advanced audio transport)-System Output (OS mixer)
10 Flac files 44.1khz 16bit
- headroom adjustment -6bd
- Volume is fixed
- Resync delay 0ms
- Clock master priority 10
Photos for the ROON settings are at the links below. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the additional info, @Brian_bonham!
Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio for me?
Do you get the same ringing if you disable DSP?
Can you try enabling the USB Audio DAC device listed on the Settings > Audio screen and try using that endpoint?
Additionally, can you try playing to this device outside of Roon?
Thanks so much- that resolved it!!!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.