RIP Meatloaf Bat out of hell

Surprised to wake up to this news.
In my head he hadn’t aged.

Willing to have the piss taken.

10 Likes

Just read it myself and yes he seemed ageless.
Sad news, but I am guessing a lot of Meatloaf will be played over the weekend.

4 Likes

Yeah, a bit of Jim Steinman has always been a guilty pleasure, and not many did it better. One of a select few artists that my Mum liked as well.

2 Likes

Holy moly.
Another one bites the dust.

Yesterday I bought a copy of Bad Attitude on vinyl from a lrs here in Alabama, prophetic justice?
Obviously will be spun up as soon as I get home today!

Rip Mr.Loaf!

1 Like

I read today that he also was in over 65 movies alongside his singing career, never knew that.

3 Likes

Sad news! RIP Meat Loaf.

2 Likes

Only one I ever saw him in was the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

1 Like

Aparently he was in a bunch of movies I saw just didn’t know it till now.

He was in Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny - I recommend seeing this if you haven’t, it’s an ode to metal with Jack Black and it’s hilarious!

Meatloaf Filmography

2 Likes

He was in Fight club, it is only one that I can remember seeing him in.

4 Likes

He played a comedy cameo in Wayne’s World as well. This is a long road to 65 I suspect…

2 Likes

Sad Indeed. He and Steinman made a great pair.

“Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?”

1 Like

Is it heresy to say I prefer Bat out of Hell 2 to the original?
:grin:

Yes. Yes it is. Especially since it lifted a Starz riff.

1 Like

He appeared on the TV series Ghost Hunters years ago. He was a genteel man of great humor as well as his talent.

2 Likes

Alabama. Thought you were in Florida. Are you in Wit-Sec? Always enjoy your comments and suggestions.

I’m working in Alabama this week, I get to work all over the USA in my profession.
So I get to visit all sorts of places which lets me find all types of old skool record stores.

And thank you for the kind words!

Travel back home soon.

2 Likes

Record shopping would be a great deal of fun. I have some history in your locale. Travel must be problematic but glad that you are well. I have some great albums that I have not heard in 35++ years. Never could commit to a turntable/cartridge.

1 Like

It’s actually a lot of fun.
Sometimes the discovery is as good as the listening.

Profession, hit man? :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what I have long suspected.

Only a bit off topic. We used to have Tower Records here, Peaches and other record stores. Then it was Media Play and records slowly vanished, CDs prevailed, some cassettes, and then only CDs and then, only books and finally those stores closed. As far as I know, the only record stores are now small boutique privately owned small shops which would make for a nice Saturday night outing.

I agree with TheHammer (his weapon of choice, I am thinking) that shopping was most of the fun. When I CD shopped locally, I would buy several CDs, play things for the kids, come home, play with the kids, let Barney or Arthur play in the background, watched TV and maybe play a CD the next day. I am guessing I have many CDs that I bought because of shopping and store recommendations and have never heard.

Meatloaf (see how I did that) was not my “generation” but I learned by watching that he was a great person with a rough past and a great support for many. I saw an interview this morning with him, about four years ago. He seemed short of breath and tired.

2 Likes