RIP Meatloaf Bat out of hell

We still have a little Record shop that operates in the City where I live and I love going over there and spending money on record days and showing support. You also meet a lot of like minded people who have a passion for music which is part of the draw for me.

PS - this form has got me back into buying physical media, especially when some of the music that was being posted I didn’t have access to.

1 Like

The cost of retail space here is extreme. Starbucks, Pizza Hut etc move out of the area because of these overhead prices. Also, longevity of buildings appears to be ~7 years at which time, some new real estate trust wants to turn the space into something profitable such as living/shopping hi rise.

I do no think a record store can survive except by volume sales or by a small shop in the distant suburbs.

I do think (personally) if I had a turntable, I am certain I would return to buying records. And now I would buy Bat Out of Hell.

1 Like

So I found this DVD version of Bat Out Of Hell on Ebay for $6, I might just have to pick it up :wink:

I just found out this DVD is also on Prime for free but with ads!

3 Likes

Lots of Youtube vids on his passing:
https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+meatloaf+dead

In his prime, live with Steinman on piano:

4 Likes

I think Todd R had a big influence on how the first album sounded. I’m sure the brief was something to do with creating an almost pastiche of the Springsteen sound and sentiment. Anyway, it’s a fine album. Never really bothered with any of his other material, although I did like Steinman’s ‘Bad For Good’ album + the later ‘Pandora’s Box’ album had it’s moments.
Funny. I was listening to the below oddity a few weeks ago

Can still clearly remember the first Meatloaf OGWT appearance. I was still at school and copied the album cover as part of my art exams! R.I.P Marvin.

2 Likes

:rofl: I suspect you think TR played his part in the moon landings as well :wink: If I had to pick one thing by Steinman it’d be the tracks he did with Eldritch and Morrison as the reimagined Sisters…

1 Like

:laughing:I have no doubt that he was involved. I have ‘this Corrosion’ lurking in my vinyl cupboard on 12inch. Honestly, haven’t seen it in years. I guess it’s worth a play tomorrow.

1 Like

Dang, that’s crazy. Reading about it now.

1 Like
2 Likes

Very bad news, just makes the event sadder again.

Not sure why Tim’s Post has been flagged though.

2 Likes

Apparently it was inappropriate. I guess anti-vaxxers are a sensitive bunch!

8 Likes

I will like this post before both of our post’s get flagged (temporarily) in that case

4 Likes

Maybe as it reduced Meatloaf to worthless. Just an antivaxer. That’s all he was.

Thats pretty harsh dont you think?

But regardless can we please try and steer clear of discussing vaccine politics here.

3 Likes

Yes, I do. That’s why I was one of those that flagged that comment. Disrespectful to the life of whom we are paying tribute, to say the least.

1 Like

No it didn’t, it simply stated the facts as they have been reported. I made no comment on his ‘worth’. Anything else is what you have read into it, your subconscious at work perhaps??

I didn’t flag it, but I read it the same way … “not much more to say about him than …” “… refusing a vaccine”. That does read as rather dismissive of all the other aspects of his life. I’m not saying you intended it that way, but that’s how it sounded to me.

1 Like

I meant that I didn’t have anything more to say. I’m not a big fan of his music so had nothing else to add. Maybe that was not clear, if so it’s my bad.

Can’t believe how sensitive some people are here :joy:

I’m glad it is not what you intended and you restated. Evidently however, I was far from the only person reading it that way.

On the other hand, you escalate a simple objection into personal attacks. Calling people “sensitive” in a bad way and speculating on the contents of my unconscious? I only criticized your statement, not you. But your follow ups reinforce my initial impression. A simple, “Sorry that’s not what I meant,” would suffice.

3 Likes