Ripping Albums in to Watched Folder Shows Some Tracks Corrupt [fix pending]

I’m not speaking of moving files within the watched folder; just moving them from staged to watched.
Moving files (OS wise) is quite different from coping them.
And I wondered if you had seen this issue when you move rather than copy them from staging to watched?

In build 200 you are likely to see this problem any time there is more than about 2 seconds between a file being ‘created’ in the watched folder and the last write to that file. Exactly whether this will apply to the various move/copy/rename operations on different operating system and hardware combinations is hard to determine without testing. I’d guess that moves are much less likely to trigger a problem than copies, because much less data needs to be written to the hard drive for a move than a copy, but I’m sure a sufficiently slow move could still cause a problem.

1 Like

OK, I usually drag and drop files/folders between two open instances of Windows Explorer. This means that if the destination is on a different drive from the source, then the files/folders will be copied. If the destination is the same as the source, they will be moved.

And since my staging is done on a drive that is not the same as the destination (the Watched folder on another machine entirely), then my files and folders are always copied, not moved.

1 Like

My staging folder is on a windows 10 laptop and I copy them to QNAP via the network (Wired) no problems.
Then I drag PDF’s into QNAP relevant folder.

No problems here ripping using XLD in MacOS to a staging folder and copying folder to Roon 1.3 watched folders.

Tom - thanks for your note. My system is based around a modified Mac Mini with quality outboard power supply and cabling, so your experience is perhaps more relevant than those who have weighed in with PC based systems, although I don’t know that to be a fact (certainly their feedback is beneficial to the Roon community). I have not had time to try ripping to a staged folder and then moving to a watched folder yet, but hope to get to it in the next few days. Also, both the internal HD in my Mac and the external HD that contains all of my AIFF files are SSD, so hopefully the speed issue Greg mentions will not be an issue.

1 Like

@support, I assume this is still in ‘fix pending’ status? On the latest build, new albums no longer being automatically added to Roon, forced rescan results in all new files being tagged as ‘I/O Error’. Restarting the Roon service makes files visible. Watched folder is a WD NAS, OS is Windows 10, worked flawlessly in the past.

Hi @Wakajazz ---- Thank you for the report. As per the request of my developers we would like to grab a set of your logs for review. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Has a fix for this been released? I’m still experiencing something very similar to this (Roon only shows first couple tracks of newly added album until I reboot or move the album file within the Watched Folder).