Ripping CDs to internal SSD stops after about 4 discs

Roon Core Machine

I have a ROON Nucleus running v 2.0 with an internal, multi-terabyte Samsung SSD.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

LG CD ripper connected via a high quality USB.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Apology in advance: I an not as computer savvy as many of your users. Please keep this in mind as you ask questions or recommend a fix.
When loading CDs to my ROON-internal Samsung SSD the ROON stops accepting input after about 4 CDs are loaded. After rebooting the Nucleus, I can load another 4 (or so) discs. As I have over 1000 CDs to store, this is real time-suck.

Hi @Neal_Harrington,

This is a known issue with Roon OS. If you use the shutdown option in the Nucleus WebUI then bring it back up you will get more rips but as you said, the issue will come back.

Curiously enough, I am testing some changes to the CD-ripping process as we speak. Please keep your eye out for these updates.

As an alternative, ripping CDs to a computer and then copying the music over to your watched folders is a great way to work around this issue for now.

Thanks,
Wes

Thanks Wes. My media room is a sanctuary for music, so I try to keep my personal computer out of the mix. Good luck with your efforts to correct the problem. If you need any additional info about my setup, I’ll do my best to provide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.