RME ADI-2 Pro Native DSD

I also have an RME ADI-2 DAC which roon does not identify.

“Native” playback for DSD files does not appear as an option in the dropdown menu for “DSD Playback Strategy”, despite the DAC’s ability to support both DSD 64 and DSD 128.

I would like to be able to play back DSD files without converting to PCM …

Any advice on how to do this?

I also have an RME ADI-2 DAC which roon does not identify.

“Native” playback for DSD files does not appear as an option in the dropdown menu for “DSD Playback Strategy”, despite the DAC’s ability to support both DSD 64 and DSD 128.

I would like to be able to play back DSD files without converting to PCM …

Any advice on how to do this?

I have an ADI-2 DAC which works fine including native DSD via USB.

However if using a network streamer such as the SOTM you may find you have to enable DSD via DoP for it to work.
DSD native did not work via my RoPieeeXL setup.

Hello @Timothy_Sibbald,

The RME ADI-2 Pro only supports Native DSD when used via the Windows ASIO driver.

When connected to a Linux or Mac USB host, the device supports a maximum of DSD256 via DoP.

-John

1 Like

I have the ADI-2 DAC hooked up via USB, and I cannot get native DSD as an option.

I tried DSD via DoP … it works if I use ROON.
If I try to put it through HQPlayer, the playhead does not move, and it stops after 1 song.
(Playing it on HQPlayer directly works) …

What OS are you using?
(Im on a Mac)

The Mac kernel does not contain any support for native DSD. Period. Endstop. You must use DoP to encapsulate DSD in PCM (which is not converting to PCM, just using PCM as the transport method).

1 Like

Thanks for that info.

Any ideas what is going on with the playhead / stoppage issue when routed through HQPlayer?

Sorry, I don’t use HQPlayer. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Hello @Timothy_Sibbald,

Make sure that the “Allow control from network” option is enabled in HQPlayer:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/HQPlayer_Setup

You can also try changing the HQPlayer time setting (located to the left of the volume knob) to “Time” to see if this resolves your playback issue.

If these steps don’t resolve your issue, I recommend reaching out to the HQPlayer support team for further assistance.

-John

1 Like

Thanks John,

While those options did not fix the issue, I was able to resolve it by resetting HQPlayer settings.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

So,Tim is working native dsd through Roon/HQPlayer now?

Sorry (should have been more clear)

The playhead / playback issue is resolved.

I am still only able to used DSD via DoP.

Tim

This is a limitation of the Mac OSX kernel, as previously discussed above. Nothing Roon can do about it.

You mean Linux on Roon Rock ?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.