ROCK 1.6 Missing Codecs

@Vladislav_Shkarovski - How does your network setup look like? Is your ROCK plugged into the router as well as your Windows 10 machine? Can you let me know your router model/manufacturer and try connecting both ROCK and Windows 10 via Ethernet to the router?

It is ok

Rock and computer conected to the router and ethernet

1 Like

Hi @Vladislav_Shkarovski,

I noticed you posted a new screenshot and marked your latest post as the solution, just to confirm, once you have enabled insecure guest logons this issue is resolved? Ffmpeg is working as expected and you are not presented with the error in the WebUI any longer?

HI noris

Yes,
on windows 10

I download codec from link in Knowledge Base

I used 7-zip(19.02) to extract this archive via Windows
ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz > ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar > ffmpeg-git-amd64-static

set enebled SMB 1.0/CIFS Client

next step I enabled insecure guest logons

finaly I got acces to rock server and copy ffmpeg to smb://rock/data/Codecs

Ffmpeg is working as expected

Thank you!
Have a nice day)

So which step was missing originally that caused the missing codecs problem? Enabling SMBv1 on Windows10? Or enabling insecure guest logons?

Enabling SMBv1 is only display rock in network without access to it
Enabling insecure guest logons open access to Rock server

this both steps needed

3 Likes

Hi @Vladislav_Shkarovski,

Thank you for providing this additional information and glad to hear that these steps resolved the issue with SMB access to your ROCK! Hope you have a wonderful Roon/ROCK experience :headphones:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.