ROCK and Tidal problem

Hey @audiom3,

Can you expand on this a bit and a maybe include a screenshot? Did you receive an error message or email from TIDAL?

Well I was able to log out and back into Tidal 3x and at least see the landing page now. But it still freezes and then I have to do a hard close when I hit the ā€˜EXPLOREā€™ tab/button.
Processing: 20211112_161405.mp4ā€¦

I would be happy to upload a video but Roon will not allow it.

1 Like

Let me try this method

Roon and Tidal

Hi,

I can log out and log in by using three different ways:
Web interface
Tidalā€™s own IOS app
Yamaha MusicCast

All those are ok.

Roon is the only one which doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

I have went back into Tidal and it works fine from its own appā€¦just not with Roon anymore. I do not know what broke as it was working flawlessly for about a year. I did no changes on my end to Roon, Tidal or my Windows 10 PC.

I also use Yamahas MusicCast and it works great too.

Iā€™m having the same problem. Tidal was working fine in Roon, then this morning I tried playing one of the Tidal mixes and it said it was empty. I went to settings and logged out of Tidal then tried logging back in, and I get ā€œunexpected errorā€ and this endless loop of sending me back to the login screen. Iā€™m running Roon on a MacBook Air (was running Big Sur and just upgraded to Montereyā€¦same problem with both). Ive done all the rebooting of core machine, Roon etc but nothing works

@Timo_Hammar @audiom3 @jamie @beka

Today was strangeā€¦all of a sudden Roon Rock wanted me to log in for Roon, and then would give me a internet error. My internet was working, but not Roon, I tried all my devices and got the same errorā€¦check internet connection. I went into Rock after reading thisā€¦ Network error: Please check your internet connection on my iPad - Support - Roon Labs Community

I tried rebooting, and also reinstalling Roon Rock and I noticed i was on roon version 1.0 build 227 now. I could have sworn I was on 1.8 previously, so I reinstalled (and it is still the same versiol)ā€¦no difference, so then I checked my DNS and it was 0.0.0.0, so I tried changing it to 8.8.8.8 and it now connected. I decided to try Tidal from Roon and it wanted my info again and I input itā€¦ It connected to Tidal! I have no idea how my DNS changed, but in my case it was the problem.

Unfortunately thatā€™s not my issue as Iā€™ve been on 8.8.8.8

1 Like

No help for me. Still the same problem , no connection to Tidal.

I was hoping everyone elses problem would be solved by my solution. :frowning:

Hi jamie. Any update from you all about our Roon/Tidal issues?

Tidal connection started working yesterday. I personally did nothing, so the solution to the problem was found somewhere else. Hopefully the problem is now permanently solved. :grinning::+1:

Well the issue still persists for me. As soon as I click the tab labeled ā€œExploreā€ bam. Roon freezes and I have to manually shut it down in my tablet. As the TH song goesā€¦ 'the same as it ever was".

1 Like