ROCK Briefly went AWOL - Jellyfish on Web Admin

Hi-

I know this particular thread is nearly ancient, but thought I’d ask. My ROCK just went AWOL / brick for an hour or two. It started by being unresponsive within the apps (ARC and multiple Roon remotes; ARC would say “something is wrong” and only play downloaded content, Roon remote would just jellyfish). Web admin interface was fine, no issues reported there. Tried to restart Roon server software via web interface, it would come up seemingly fine, but behavior of ARC and Roon remotes was unchanged.

So I went and tried to reboot the ROCK device via the web interface. It didn’t come up at all. it got far enough that the web admin IP address would show the square jellyfish. But then nothing. Eventually timed out / 404 after many browser refreshes. Then tried rebooting via NUC power button. Got web admin to jellyfish once, then froze (no drive light). Finally turned off, let sit for 30 minutes, plugged in again and it came up fine.

I’m sure that @support is in the business of helping people with actual problems, but this freaked me out and was not good. If anyone can take a look at what happened to my machine around 4pm ET I’d very much appreciate it - to prevent me or others future pain.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve broken your post into a dedicated support thread where we can follow up directly.

Have you encountered this again? Logs appear to show that both ROCKs have been up and running for the last twenty-four hours, but we’ll want to screen any new reports to verify there aren’t issues with the PSU, drive, or any corruption. We’re standing by if the jellyfish rears up.

Thanks for reply Connor! No subsequent issues, I’ll let you know if / when it does.

1 Like

Hi @Johnny_Ooooops,

A quick glance through account diagnostics seems to suggest this hasn’t repeated? If not, I’ll go ahead and let this thread auto-close.

Thanks for checking in. All fine since then. Fine to close!

1 Like