ROCK Configuration - Cirrus7 Nimbini v3

Ask them whether their board hardware supports a headphone jack via Intel HD Audio - the non-N suffix model NUC10i7FNH.

It’s very likely, however, they are using the N model suffix version NUC10i7FNHN, because I guess the non-N was discontinued a long time ago.

1 Like

I believe they stopped doing that because Roon’s license for Rock does not actually allow it

FYI:

The dimensions are 15,7 x 15,7 x 12,2 cm and the Cirrus7 Nimbini v3 has to stand upright for better heat dissipation.

Your absolutely right - great customer service.

1 Like

This is the BIOS information on my NUC & the Intel Audio Devices in Roon. I can’t confirm that any of the HDA Intel PCH HDMI devices work only that they are listed as Audio Devices. You should definitely confirm this with the supplier! There isn’t a HDMI Surround as shown in your image.

1 Like

@Scotav - THX :slight_smile: VERY NICE OF YOU :slight_smile:

I did change HDMI0 to “HDMI Surround” to know the settings

No problem.

In fact, HDMI doesn’t work for multichannel.

After a little research, it turned out that this applies to all 10th generation NUCs. It will only work on an outdated NUC8.

I don’t think that this is the case. As @wklie wrote earlier, if there is support for a headphone jack via Intel HD Audio, then multichannel HDMI is supported. This is certainly true for the NUC10ixFNH models.

1 Like

@Geoff_Coupe - That is the information that I got. But in a couple of weeks we will know

See:

1 Like

Okay, I just relocated my NUC10i7FNH in order that I could run a test via HDMI. I don’t use any Multichannel sources for music, only AV. I downloaded a simple 1,2,3,4,5 voice test and can confirm it outputs via all the surround speakers. I would also agree with @Geoff_Coupe that the issue seems to be with NUC10s that don’t have a headphone jack.

Hope this helps and best of luck when your unit arrives.

@Scotav - I will have to wait an see :slight_smile:

I have just ordered a cirrus7 nimbini v3:

• Intel® NUC Comet Lake i7-10710U , 6x 1.10GHz - 4.70GHz - Hyperthreading - Intel UHD 620
  • 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM (2x8GB)
  • Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB, M.2 (MZ-V7S500BW)
  • Samsung SSD 870 QVO 1TB, SATA

Torben

1 Like

:slight_smile:

2 Likes