ROCK displays missing codecs in red

Thanks for confirming. I have a few further thoughts @Outlaw :

• Do you by any chance have any firewalls which could be blocking the connection to the ROCK?
  • Is the behavior the same from another PC if you by any chance have one around the house?
  • Have you made sure to enable SMBv1 as per the previous listed instructions?
  • Does rebooting your network, ROCK and PC have any change in behavior?
  • What is your router model/manufacturer?
  • Is the PC and the ROCK on the same network (and not on a guest network of sorts)?

Turned firewall off no change.Tried with two diff pcs same result.Enabled SMBv1 as per instructions.Rebooting does not help.Asus 3100.PC and Rock on same network.

What message do you get if you click the ā€œDiagnoseā€ button on the Windows Explorer error message? The Windows troubleshooters are generally pretty useless, but it might perhaps give us a clue as to what is going on hereā€¦

Since you are using an Asus router here, can you please check to see if you have ā€œEnable Multicast Routingā€ set to On in the router options? This setting has helped in the past.

Was enabled

Capture

Well, thatā€™s typical of a Windows Troubleshooter - it has detected a problem with your network connectivity, but it wonā€™t tell us what the problem isā€¦

Just for fun, I entered in the IP address of a non-existent device in my network, and the network troubleshooter confirmed that the network is working, but that the device isnā€™t respondingā€¦

Roon%201005

So there seems to be an issue with your network, but I confess Iā€™m stumped as to where to go from here. Hopefully someone else will have a clue.

Edit: I notice that the error code 0x80004005 is often associated with a failed Windows Update. Perhaps that might be a clue?

As Geoff said, that error code is used in different places in Windows and means different things. But, it is a Windows error. If you have another windows machine can you try connecting with it and see if you get the same error?

Okay tried 3 windows pc.Was able to access using \ROCK.Opened data folder went to codecs copy and pasted ffmpegfile in there.Rebooted rock pc still says missing codecs

That file is twice zipped. Did you unzip it twice?

If you havenā€™t gotten it, Iā€™ll pm you a dropbox link to my ROCK directions which detail this part pretty well, I think. :smiley:

Yes unzipped twice

1 Like

I got it working.Thanks for help.

3 Likes

Hi @Outlaw,

Glad to hear that you managed to get the Codecs working, hope you have a great rest of your day!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.