ROCK: hesitation, then a stutter when playing new track (from Tidal?)

I’ve been noticing this for weeks. Often when I’m playing one song then switch to another, there’s a long pause–several seconds–with the time counter stuck on zero–then it plays for a second or less, then there’s a short pause, then it picks up playing again; the effect is of a stutter at startup.

I’m not 100% sure, but this appears to happen only when I’m playing tracks from Tidal. It does not seem to matter if they’re in my library. Sometimes there’s a long delay–up to 10-15 seconds–but no stutter. This does not seem to happen when I play the same tracks in the Tidal app.

I’m running ROCK on a fully approved NUC, hard-wired to router, 100 Mb/s Internet, Ethernet to DAC. Controlling wirelessly via Roon Remote running on an OS X laptop.

@support

Hi @Jim_Austin ----- Thank you for the report an sharing your feedback with us, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, the next time you notice this “hesitation, stuttering” behavior, please use the instructions found here and send us over a set of Roon and RAATServer logs.

-Eric