128 GB SSD
4 TB SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WiFi over DSL with Fritz!Box 7590

Connected Audio Devices

ARCAM AVR30

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I want to installate ROON on a NUC11TNHi3 following Your ROCK Installation guide. Downloaded the Bios from Intel homepage, but here first problem. You say Bios file with ending .bio, but on INTEL is only .CAP to find. I Installed TN0071.cap, then tried to put the boot order. But this is impossible, because the SSD is not shown. I think Your Rock Installation guide is not on the newest stand. Please help me.

best regards
Gerold

Not sure if this helps.
From the ROCK install guide:

You may need to enable the M.2 slot, depending on the BIOS version

I installed Rock on a Nuc11 and did not update the bios. It came with the latest version. At least thatā€™ s what my brother told me. Canā€™t help you further because he installed it.

You are going to want to put the .cap file onto your usb drive. hit F7 while booting. Intel will then read in the .cap file and update your firmware.

Do not unplug, jostle, or otherwise interrupt this update.
Recovery is no fun.

The directions are here.

1 Like

This week I installed Roon Rock on a NUC11TNHi7. First a BIOS update with TN0071.cap and then another update with TN0073.cap.
At first there was no SSD visible. But no worries, the installation of the software was easy.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.