Rock Not connecting to my Network

It doesn’t take any IP address as input - it just resets the port to use DHCP instead of a static address. Reboot your NUC one more time…?

Edit: I’m talking about the “resetnetwork” command in Roon OS - are you talking about the settings on your BT Hub?

I didn’t try to input anything - now cursor appeared for me to type anything

Here is the latest screen on the hub manager - changed again

And it won’t let me change anything

The hub says it’s connected now though, which is a slight improvement, so you might be headed in the right direction, although I do wonder if your Smart Hub is at fault. There’s a reset in the Hub’s menus (or at least there is in mine, which is a slightly earlier model).
On the very few occasions I’ve had issues with my network, I’ve turned everything off, including the router, then turned the router back on, waited five minutes then turned everything else back on.

Michael

Sorry meant to say no cursor not now cursor

Yes - take your point about the smart hub

However, I do have two other devices connected by ethernet and they are working fine

I think we may have been talking at cross-purposes earlier - the “resetnetwork” command is for Roon OS - I wasn’t talking about settings on the BT Hub. Have you actually used this on the NUC and then rebooted the NUC?

It appears as though your Hub still considers the NUC to have a static address. You should have both the Hub and the NUC set to use DHCP. Then the Hub should be using its DHCP server to issue an IPv4 address to the NUC when the NUC reboots.

You can make the Hub always issue the same IPv4 address to the NUC by turning that “Always use this IP address” switch to “Yes” on the Hub. This is a much better approach than using static addresses on devices - too easy for things to go wrong…

Thank you very much Geoff for helping me here

My understanding of Henry’s advice was to connect a monitor and keyboard to the NUC and press enter there - not on the hub

I have tried pressing enter with the error message above on the screen connecting to the NUC, but there is no response. If I reboot the NUC and press enter before the error message comes up - the error message still comes up

My hub management software should, but won’t allow me to change the settings as you advise. Two other devices are working fine on the hub - basically I am now using Roon via ethernet from my laptop rather than the NUC. It’s working fine - but NUC still won’t connect

First type resetnetwork and then hit enter :wink:

and leave these settings on BT

Serge_Tse

I owe you a drink - thank you so much - problem solved

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.