ROCK now supporting UEFI - any reason or advantage to upgrade a NUC 10th gen?

Roon Core Machine

NUC10i7FNK running Rock Version 1.0 (build 254) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

%

Connected Audio Devices

%

Number of Tracks in Library

appr. 440.000

Description of Issue

When I downloaded Rock end of 2021 I got a file called “roonbox-linuxx64-nuc3-usb-factoryreset.img.gz”, now I read that there is a newer version which also supports UEFI boot, the download file is now called “roonbox-linuxx64-nuc4-usb-factoryreset.img.gz”.

Is there any reason to move to the newer Rock file? Which additional features provides the new Rock version besides support of UEFI? Are there any planned features of Rock 2.0 included, or is this “just” a Rock 1.0 with UEFI support?

The updated features in RoonOS 1.0 B254 are listed here:

Basically if you don’t need UEFI, there is not a specific reason to update unless you are experiencing any of the issues listed. However, at some point in the future, Roon may require this build or later for other changes.

ok, thx, very good to know

there is written:

"You will be presented with a prompt to update in Roon when your core performs its next update check. You may also visit the Settings → About page in Roon to check for an update manually.

Went to “Settings - About” (in German: “Einstellungen - Info”) but it didn’t offer any update. I expect this to show up somewhere in the future …

I’ll mark this as solved @fschmeis.

I have marked it as DONE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.