ROCK NUC Core to Devialet D400 no longer works with build 528

Hello Again
Repeat procedure today as requested. Time stamps 1530 connected to core with roon from my phone, music playing through phone as endpoint. 1531 switched D400 on and swapped audio source to d400 on roon. 1532 roon lost connection. Track still playing through the D400 but no control/connection from the roon app.

Hello @samg,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this.

In your logs on ROCK we’re seeing signs indicating that the USB audio subsystem is getting into a corrupt state during playback.

Trace: [RAAT::Devialet USB Audio 2.0] starting playback: now (160000000ns) + ns_per_buf(20000000ns) = 180000000ns > 171771222ns streamsample=0
Error: [RAAT::Devialet USB Audio 2.0] error in snd_pcm_recover: File descriptor in bad state (-77)
Error: [RAAT::Devialet USB Audio 2.0] error in snd_pcm_recover: No such device (-19)
Trace: [RAAT::Devialet USB Audio 2.0] [alsa] [hw:CARD=D20,DEV=0] kicking off old output in force teardown

We’re unsure what could be causing these traces to occur, and we have not received any other reports of build 528 causing this behavior to occur for other users.

We’ve scheduled some testing in the QA lab to confirm that ROCK is able to communicate with Devialet devices via USB without issue.

Can you confirm what method you used to reinstall ROCK on your NUC? If you used the WebUI, I would recommend backing up your database to an external drive and completely reinstalling ROCK on the NUC via the initial installation method with a flash drive.

-John

Hello John

Yes it was via the WebUI.

I found that unplugging the ethernet cable on the Core and reconnecting gave a temporary fix (until the next switch on time with Roon) so I have replaced the range extender I’m using with my router (core plugged into this) and since doing that I have only had one drop out with the D400. So seems to be ok for the time being.

Will look at doing a backup/reinstall.

Thanks and Regards

Sam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.