ROCK on ProxmoxVE

First post all so be gentle
I just got rock installed under proxmox using the information on this thread and until now have felt I’m banging my head against a brick wall.
First I went into the bios of the proxmox machine looking for secure boot it was already off they was a second option next to it about custom or standard if secure boot was off it was set to custom changed to standard saved and rebooted.
It still wouldn’t install and maybe this is the part which mostly made the difference in the (options) of the rock vm the usb I had added was not selected as a bootable device so I added it as a bootable device I also removed all the other devices as bootable.
Another thread I found also mentioned that rock would no longer install on a 32gig drive I gave mine 128 gig probably don’t need that maybe 64 gig just really pointing out what I added.
Set my bios to ovfm uefi i440fx and did not add a uefi partition. e1000 as network device.
Started the vm hit escape on seperate keyboard selected my usb device and to my shock it installed to the hard drive. once installed I removed the usb device selected hard drive as bootable in options and removed the keyboard restarted the vm success.

1 Like