ROCK suddenly stops, need to manually reboot

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Operating System: Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Roon Server Software: Version 1.7 (build 571) stable
Running on Intel NUC 7i7 BNH
The NUC is living in a APC NetShelter CX 24U Secure Soundproof Server Cabinet with integrated cooling and does not feel too hot.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RPi 3B+ running RoPieee, USB to Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital

Description Of Issue

Music stops playing, Roon ROCK webinterface dissapeares, manually rebooting the NUC solves the issue. Music was playing FLAC files from the ROCK internal storage. This is the third time in a few days that this happens. I had no previous issues. Rock is running 24/7 on this NUC since early Januari 2018.

RoonServer_log

Edit: is there any way to check temperatures in ROCK?

Hi @seagull,

When this issue occurs, what does the Web UI show?
Does RoonServer stop running or is the WebUI inaccessible?

If you can’t access the WebUI, please connect HDMI output to TV and share screenshot of what you see there when issue occurs.

Hi @noris,

The Web UI was no longer available. Also the InternalStorage share dissappeared in File Explorer.

The issue dit not reappear after I increased the speed of the cabinet fans, so maybe it was the NUC over-temperature protection that was triggered and the system was shut down to prevent damage.

I’ll connect a monitor when the problem reoccurs.

Hi @seagull,

Thanks for the update here. If the WebUI is not responding, the HDMI Diagnostics screen should give some options, perhaps it was not getting a valid IP address or there was some other issue? This is what a typical HDMI diagnostics screen should look like for reference:

Do send me a screenshot of what you’rs looks like when this occurs (if it occurs again that is).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.