Rolling back to Roon 1.7

I think the general consensus seems to be that Roon 1.8 is a nice idea in theory, but in practice is completely dysfunctional and ruins everything that’s great with Roon.

With no resolution in sight, is there anyway we can rollback to Roon 1.7 and “freeze” the upgrade process?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trouble loading TIDAL content in Roon

maybe we are waiting next full moon to unstuck roon 1.8. In the mean time +1 for rolling back 1.7

Hi @Dylan_Trigg

Downgrading is not supported, but we’re happy to help with any issues you might be having! Please open up a ticket here in the #support category and our team will help as soon as we can.

Thanks!

Add me to the list of those who would like to roll back.

At least change the smart phone interface back to the 1.7 version.

1 Like

Not sure how the general consensus for our community is determined but please consider me very happy with Roon 1.8! Thanks to the Roon team for continuing to improve the system.

7 Likes

It takes some time to reboot yourself with the new interface, so give it some time. I’ve only been on since Jan, and was getting hang with 1.7, but with some practice like the 1.8 upgrade.

1 Like

No one seems willing to address the fundamental issues I have so I think I’d like the option to roll back the iOS App to 1.7. Failing that I may just use Qobuz and BBC sounds and save the roon subscription. So glad I didn’t buy a lifetime subscription.

I am very happy too. No complains here.

2 Likes

I hate change far more than most, and I’m still trying to adjust to the new look, but functionally and sonically, I prefer 1.8 to earlier versions. Yes it does have quirks, but Roon is trying to smooth everything out as quickly as they can.

I am happy to. Admittedly it took a little time to get used to 1.8. Only thing on my wishlist is to be able to customize what is shown on the «Home» page - eg I do not care about time or genres listened to and I don’t use the radio.

Spot on Morten. Why can this not be done?

AND when every other app uses swipe right as a back gesture why are we stuck with trying to stretch our arthritic thumbs to a tiny left arrow top left?