rooExtend-Box: Plug-And-Play for Roon Extensions

Hi Wolfgang and welcome to the forum.
I’m happy to hear you like what I’m doing :smiley:

SACDs are copy protected and cannot be read by a USB CD-Drive like the Apple Superdrive that I recommend for rooPlay. You can only playback CDs with it.

For playing SACDs you need a SACD audio player that outputs the SACD data in high resolution via ist Optical output. Most players limit its Optical output to 48kHz. If your Accuphase DP-570 also limits it I don’t know.

I know two SACD players that transmit 24/88.2 if you playback SACDs.

• Pioneer BDP150 and
  • Pioneer BDP 450

Probably there are others but I don’t know.

Using such a SACD player you can route its Optical output to the Optical to USB Converter mentioned here. Connect this to the rooExtend-Box you can stream your SACDs via rooPlay and the Roon DSPs without ripping.

The answer is Yes. Will come some day. The algorithms are already in my dev pipeline but I want to build a better and easier to use product as Acourate and this will take some time…

It does :grin: :+1:

Best DrCWO

EDIT:
You can also connect the USB port of the rooExtend-Box to the USB input of the Accuphase DP-570. In this configuration you can use the DP-570 as DAC for Roon. If you are lucky it also offers its digital signal from the transport directly via USB :wink:
This idea came from a chart I saw that the DP-570 allows to loop in a voicing processor. It can be done in a way that Optical Out goes to the voicing processor and the returning optical signal is connected to the input of the DP-570. So playing a CD or SACD the signal ist transferred via the external voicing processor to the DAC. Maybe this also works via USB???

1 Like