rooExtend – The easy start with Roon Extensions

Hello DrCWO,
I ran into the same problem, I built a Raspberry Pi4 by my own and bought a bundle licence!
For me it was not clear, that this bundle is not working for the DIY version :slightly_frowning_face:
Please advice how we can proceed, thank you
Servus Michael

Oh, just read about the new AI stuff and especially the headphone extension, but sadly, my Pi Zero is not supported any more :confused: 160 Euro (new RPI) is not much in the Hi-Fi-world, but still… I guess there are no plans for rooextend on macOS or synology? thanks in advance!

Update: Never mind, Zero 2w seems to be much cheaper… donno where I looked for the prize :confused: Will just get a new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Roon in two locations, never at the same time. Is it possible to bring the RPi and have it work at the second network/location? What would I need to do?

A couple basic questions:

• is the rooExtend with rooPlay a replacement for my Ropieee running on a Raspberry pi? Or do I have to configure a another Raspberry pi on the net work running rooExtend?
  • if I just needed rooPlay and Apple Watch integration, can I successfully only purchase those two modules and have the functionality I need?

Thanks for your answer and the great contribution to the community.

It depends on what you are using Ropieee for.
Rooextend has audio out as a Roon bridge and/or a NAA for HQP.

You just buy a license for the extensions you want.

.sjb

Thanks.
I am using it with as a Roon Endpoint for my system with an Allo digital hat. I imagine that rooExtend does not have that ability?

I’m not sure, I would presume not but @DrCWO can confirm.

.sjb

Just carry the Pi to the other location, Plug in to power and Ethernet and you’re fine.
But don’t forget to change the Zone you like to control in the settings of rooExtend.

1 Like

rooExtend has built in Roon Bridge so in this respect it is a replacement. In Addition you can use all my Roon Extensions. But rooExtend did not support the Raspberry Touch Screen.

This is exactly what rooExtend is made for. Pick the things you need and have fun :blush:

2 Likes

Some users also use this.
You have to enter the driver line necessary in the config file to make it run. So you must be able to SSH to rooExtend. If you like to do that please mail me at info@definiteAudio.de

Best DrCWO

Thank you for your prompt reply! I am very excited to start right away. I have sent you my details in an email.

Thank you,
Jerry

Mail was sent.

Please contact @Henry_Svendblad for details of the implementation.
As far as I can remember he has some success in this respect.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

very interesting project. Is there a way to implement rooExtend as a docker container?

As I am a one man show I don’t have the capacity to support other platforms but Raspberry and rooExtend-Box.

Best DrCWO

Installed the rooExtend software with the Apple Watch and rooPlay modules.

The Apple Watch is worth the price alone! Everything I’ve been wanting for controlling playback and volume. I should have done this months ago!

Thank you, Dr CWO!

1 Like

Can I have a link for rooExtend v3.2.0 ?,
Google drive has only older ver. Instalation was easy , I am ready to test extension
purchased license for RooAIDJ [chatgpt] but this plugin is missing.

For anyone else that might need this. It’s super easy. Contact @DrCWO for the login credentials and then just…

Modify /boot/config.txt, set overlay statement to: dtoverlay=allo-digione

2 Likes

Download the latest version available then navigate to the IP on your browser and click “Look for software updates”. — Wait a few minutes and you have the latest…

1 Like

thx, found it few hours ago, everything is working great :slight_smile:
Jun 05 16:17:05 rooExtend rooExtendUpdater[507]: rooExtendUpdater: v3.2.0

Look for Updates via the rooExtend http setting page or wait until next morning :smiley: