Room streaming with Chromecast instead of RAAT

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core on PC, Naim Uniti Atom streamer

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi using Eero mesh

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Atom

Description Of Issue

I just noticed that Roon is using Chromecast instead of RAAT as the transport protocol to my Naim Uniti Atom. This didn’t use to be the case, but now when I setup my Atom, it’s onyly visible under the Chromecast tab and the AirPlay tab, neither of which are RAAT.

Hi @Maurizio_Laudisa,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab? You can use these instructions to upload screenshots to community.

Also, sometimes DACs need to be set to “Roon Ready Mode” and this can typically be done in the WebUI of the specific DAC. Can you check to see if you by any chance have the ability to switch modes here?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris, I’ve uploaded the 2 screens representing my Audio settings in Roon. As you can see, my Naim Uniti streamer is in the “Chromecast” section, whereas in the past I could stream to it and it would use RAAT as the protocol; now it uses Chromecast. I have looked but I’m unable to see on the Uniti configuration any settings that would somehow influence this. Thanks for your help.

Hello @Maurizio_Laudisa,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. I am wondering here if your firewall is perhaps blocking Roon from detecting that device.

Can you use these instructions to double check that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your firewall? Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe can be found by following the Database Location/Application folder path.

Also, is the behavior the same if your reboot the Core, Naim DAC and Networking Gear? If there is no change after a reboot, would you by any chance have another PC you can use to temporarily host the Roon Core on and confirm that the same behavior occurs?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris, problem solved… I restarted the Naim Uniti (actually unplugged from the power and plugged it back in), and it solved the problem, now Roon is streaming to it using RAAT… thanks for your help!

1 Like

BTW… I meant to say that I LOVE Roon… the interface is just superb, it’s an absolute pleasure to rediscover your own library using it, fantastic job. I appreciate how your UX and development teams have been paying attention to so many small details (for example, showing an accurate drawing of a device being used, and allowing to view the device’s user manual right inside the app). This is really a work of art, I’d say it’s one of the best apps I’ve ever used. Congrats and thanks for bringing it to market!

1 Like

Hi @Maurizio_Laudisa,

Glad to hear that the Uniti RAAT input is back after a hard reboot! Not sure why exactly that happened, but good to hear that the reboot fixed things :slight_smile: .

Thank you for the kind words, it is appreciated! I hope you continue to have a great experience with using Roon!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.