rooMax – Best wireless Roon remote ever!

Hi

The license is showing as you set out. However I don’t get any rooMax setting choices. It’s just not appearing in the extensions settings.

Thanks

Hi,

I suspect the dongle isn’t working. I double checked on my Mac and the dongle is not detected. it was detected previously. So I’m sending back and will order another one.

Thanks,

Quick update. I got a replacement and all working perfectly. Loving it! Thanks so much

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply but I was out of office during the last few days.
If rooMax don’t show up the dongle was not discovered, same as you found out by yourself in between.

Best DrCWO

Is it possible to adjust volume of only one of the grouped devices?
Example, I want to control living room volume with the living room roomax remote control, without changing bathroom volume - but I still want the music to be synced.

1 Like

At the moment this is not possible but I will investigate this.

Best DrCWO

1 Like

@Martin_Hesten - while not a real fix to this, for parties I change the hall, patio, pool, bathroom (et cetera) audio’s to FIXED vol in roon audio definition in the group so that changing the group volume will not impact those areas… pain in the butt however, worth it during parties… [however still doesnt fix ability to change other volumes that you want variable in the group if you have them…]

@DrCWO - maybe adding a feature for a button transport control:

• Program a button as Volume-only Change Selector
    ** push pad button - dial allows scrolling thru devices
    ** push dial button - selects that device
    ** dial now controls volume of selected device…
    ** (not sure here: leave it OR push center button to stop controlling vol)

PS - love the rooMAX - I even purchased a POE HAT so I could move the raspii to the center of the house…

This is exactly on what I worked during the last two days :+1:
But it scrolls through the available zones and not the devices :cold_sweat:

• Press a button and you can scroll through the zones with the wheel.
    Ring color gets blue in this mode.
  • Press the play after selecting the zone you assign Quick Keys to the selected zone.
  • A long press on the play button transfers the current playback to the selected zone.

This is what we will see in the next release :+1:
It was a proposal from out of this thread that I picked up.

But still not a feature that scrolls through the devices.
I have to dig very deep and currently don’t know if this will be possible at all :thinking:

Best DrCWO

1 Like

:exclamation::exclamation: rooExtend v3.4.3 is out :exclamation::exclamation:

Release 3.4.3 introduces a new feature for rooMax
and should be install unattended during the next night :+1:

Based on a suggestion from a rooMax user, I implemented a new selection mechanism for the zones.

The new function is part of the transport function set and is called “Select Zone” (see below).

If you customize one of the buttons with this function (I labeled it “Zone”) you can use it. It works as follows:

• Pressing the button the color of the LED ring changes to blue and the current zone name shows up blinking in the middle of the display (1s rhythm).

• Rotating the wheel you can browse through the available zones. The update of the zones in the display is a bit slow as the Quick Keys controller limits the output speed to one zone name per second.

• When you press the button in the middle of the wheel, Quick Keys will be assigned to the displayed zone. So you then control the selected zone.

• If you press and hold the button in the middle of the wheel, the playback active in the current zone will be transferred to the selected zone. This zone will then also be controlled by quick keys.

• if you press any other key while the LED-ring is blue the operation is canceled and you will return to the setting you saw before.

I hope this new feature makes life a little easier for users with many zones :+1: :smiley:

Best DrCWO

EDIT:
This update is available for Raspberry Pi users ONLY at the moment.
The update for users of the rooExtend-Box it will be released end of September.

5 Likes

Hi DrCWO,

rooMax is an excellent and very flexible solution that has provided an enhanced user experience. Great work

Roon Management is lovely but Webhooks has been the outstanding feature that has also allowed LMS & Mixers + Custom Automations to be used alongside Roon, meaning that two Music systems can be run side by side and automated using one controller

The issue faced when using Webhooks has been ‘Roon Zone Selected’ must be selected to activate the webhooks otherwise if a Roon Zone is not selected - message: No Zone Selected, White Ring and no activations of Webhooks.

It would be great with a later release if the Webhooks use became independent of ‘Roon Zone Selected’ ?

Many thanks

Mark

Currently I‘m traveling but will check that if I‘m back next week.

Best DrCWO

I just adjusted my buttons for this new feature - I was able to delete 2 control set pages (3 and 4) by just adding this to the first control set …

Thanks DrCWO!

1 Like

@DrCWO does this device go into sleep mode when playback is stopped (similar to the Numio)? I want to be able to keep controlling the volume even if playback is stopped. This is a feature of the Dutch 8c active speaker - even if another source is playing, volume can still be controlled by Roon.

Checked this right now :wink:
You can still change volume of the selected zone even if playback was stopped :+1:

The Quick Keys goes to sleep if it was not used for a time you can specify in the rooMax settings. But this only shuts down the display. It will wake up immediately if you touch the wheel or a button. It completely shuts down after a very long time of inactivity. In this mode you have to turn it on with its power switch.

So seems to work in your scenario :smiley:

Best DrCWO

1 Like

RooMax switching from " Seek track function" (key2) to " Volume control" (Key1) doesn’t work properly.
I made a small video cannot upload it so linked it to Google photo. @DrCWO I think this is a bug.

Any update on issue shown in video above @DrCWO ? Or anybody else who also saw/has this issue?

Hi @Wim_Brouwer,
sorry for my late reply, I was traveling for some days.

This is not a bug :+1:
To leave Seek Mode you have to press the seek button (the one showing the playtime).
So seek starts if you press this button and seek stops if you press it again.

Pressing the Mute button leaves rooMax in Seek Mode.

Best DrCWO

EDIT:
This you will find in the rooExtend-Box Manual about it:

When you press the button assigned to the volume display, mute is activated, and the LED ring changes to red. Pressing this button again turns mute off and the ring changes its color back to green.
Pressing the button assigned to the playing time changes from normal operation to scrubbing operation. The LED ring turns yellow and turning the rotary knob now rewinds or forwards the track, with the displayed playing time changing accordingly. Pressing this button again changes back to normal operation and the LED ring returns to green.

Ok thx however it’s not handy

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hello,

I would like to know when the new update for the rooextend box will be released.

Thanks