Hello and Happy New Year to everyone! We are back from an incredibly exciting CES, and our first release of 2016 is live!
Build 94 is a maintenance release, featuring a number of bug fixes and performance improvements, along with full support for the RoonReady devices hitting shelves this year. We’ve also touched up Signal Path and Audio Settings to reflect all the new devices Roon can stream to, and to clarify the rapidly expanding number of possible configurations.
With RoonReady products on the way, the underlying RAAT protocol is now a stable 1.0 product. This means we’re now hard at work on packaging it up for our RoonSpeakers apps and for Roon’s Linux version. Along with our phone remote apps this work is now in full swing, and we’re looking forward to providing further updates as we get closer to release.
Thanks so much for everyone’s support in 2015. We’re a small team with some very big plans, and we’re working around the clock to push things even further this year. Keep the feedback coming, and be sure to click “like” on the feature requests that are important to you. We keep a close eye on what’s important to this community and together we’ll continue making Roon the best way to connect with your music, in 2016 and beyond.
The Team at Roon Labs
Roon v1.1 (Build 94) Release Notes
Version 94, includes:
Roon now streams in bit-perfect quality to Roon Ready devices. If your favorite networked audio device isn’t RoonReady yet, make sure to let them know how important this is to you!
Other New Functionality
- Signal Path and Audio Settings have been updated to support RoonReady devices
- Roon’s Android app now support x86 devices
- Playback can be stopped by pressing and holding the Pause button
- Search box can be cleared with one click
Major Fixes and Improvements
A number of bugs reported by members have also been addressed, including:
- Resolved an issue that was causing us to repeatedly sync with TIDAL. This was causing crashes in some cases, as well as causing delays when adding TIDAL content to your library
- Focus button crashes have been resolved
- Removed certain unneeded files that were causing false positives from anti-virus software
- Roon ignores certain corrupt MP3 files on mac
- Fixes for some HQPlayer stop/disconnect issue
- Fix for an issue affecting Squeezebox playback when network isn’t keeping up
- Fix for an issue affecting Squeezebox playback with very short tracks
- Lyrics formatting issues resolved
We love feedback, so click Reply As A Linked Topic on the right to discuss this post in the Software section
Note: Tablet versions of Roon have been submitted to the Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store. Build 94 will be live for supported Android tablets and iPads as soon as their respective approval processes complete.