Roon 1.1 crashing on start on Mac OS X 10.10.5

I upgraded the day it was released without any issues, today when I start Roon, the initial window appears and then the app quits. There are crash reports for roon.app in console.app corresponding to my attempts at starting the app. I’ll restart my machine, and report back, any assistance in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks!

Updated to 10.10.5 and a reboot, Roon 1.1 crashes on launch. Crash report provides ‘application specific information’: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed

Not sure what has changed since original update. Feeling kind of stuck at this point.

Hey @kneville – sorry for the trouble here. I’m going to send you a PM and we’ll figure out what’s happening here.

Stand by!

Thought I’d give a plea to others running Roon on a Mac and 10.10.5 - any thoughts as to why Roon crashes on launch for me? I’ve sent Roon’s logs to @mike and was hopeful the new build would fix it, but it’s been 10 days and I can’t get the software to run. If others are running Roon successfully on OS X, and I’m assuming most/many are, and the issue could be on my end, what other info might you need for troubleshooting purposes, what suggestions if any, do you have? 10 days with no Roon is a long time! Thanks in advance…

I’m having the same issues when running Roon on OS X 10.10.5. Roon was running beautifully for about a day (I’m on the 14 day trial period) but now it crashes after a few seconds of launching, I’ve tried reinstalling the software but still experiencing the same issue. I haven’t updated my computer or hardware or anything that I can think of. Shame as I was really enjoying my encounter with this platform albeit brief. Hope Roon can help because I love this product!

Hello @Tmunroe, further investigation of your issue requires Roon logs from your machine. I’m going to send you a PM with instructions for getting these logs. Stay tuned.

Roon opens to the pulsing logo but is stuck there and never goes beyond that. Running on iMac. Deleted Roon & reinstalled but still stuck.

Hello @evangelist, I believe you might have a slightly different issue then @Tmunroe. I’ve already reached you over PM, to get more details.

A post was split to a new topic: Crashing on MacBook Pro