Roon 1.2 Feedback Thread

Playing 192kHz files at 48kHz seems pretty audio related to me.

CJ

OK, well, using full Raspbian on my RPi2 + Digi+ seems to have installed OK, and is up and running. Trouble is, I don’t have any 192kHz at 48kHz files to test it with

You think. If you’re playing audio the audio related dependencies are installed

If the kernel you’re running doesn’t properly support the hardware you’re using Roon’s not going to solve that for you.

Found that when selecting “Use Power-of-2 Hardware Buffer Size” the bug disappeared.

So it is a buffer related bug then?

I downloaded the latest Raspbian Lite off their website this morning.

Just tried Full Raspbian and same result. In may case all the frequencies above 48kHz in the Audio Device settings in Roon are Red which is a key symptom

CJ

So, does this mean Roon will recognize my ps audio Bridge 2? I’d try it myself, but it’s not available at the moment.

Thanks.

Andrew W.K. and Miles Davis, It looks like my collection. LOL. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @Geoff_Coupe. the label 2L has an audio test bench to download various resolutions of the same musical work. The link is http://www.2l.no/hires/

Great for testing things out.

Think the issue is that I am using a processor connected via HDMI to my Pi and I don’t think the Roonbridge software can tell that the processor is happy with 192kHz.

That could be. One of the changes that RAAT brought was that Roon asks the DAC directly what it can handle and just goes with the DAC’s response. Previously, Roon would test the DAC to see what it could handle and then proceed. I am not sure what happens if Roon does not get an answer back from the DAC, I assume that it defaults to some basic setting. @mike might be able to speak directly about it.

I can see this potentially being an issue with all those DACs sitting behind various USB isolators/reclockers, etc.

Well done Roon guys.

Interface browsing much slicker.
Internet radio works.
I’ll soon be able to use my iPhone.

I’ll refrain from starting a " things I expected in 1.2 " thread for a decent while!

SJB

Great work guys. Now that I can add my internet radio, Roon is the only thing I will use now

I’d like to make a formal complaint about 1.2.

Why on earth did you guys decide to release it just before the latest Katzenjammer album “The Gearbox Sessions” was made available for download? I’m now having to wait for Roon to rescan the whole library before I can listen properly to it. :grin:

Thank goodness I can still import it to Sooloos.

Apart from that, great job Roon! Most impressive is it doesn’t appear to me that you’ve had much sleep since the launch.

How about Synology, specifically the 415+. Likely there are more synology than QNAP users, and the newer synology nas are 64 bit.

1 Like

Go get it guys!

2 Likes

Likely there are more QNAP than Synology users :wink:

Not available as of 1 minute ago in Apple App Store U.S.?

App Store search indices typically take some time to update. Try the direct link from the iOS announcement:

Ah! Thank you sir! Got it now.

1 Like

I know this is a crazy request with all the good things happening with this new build. But, regarding the iPhone app. Do you think down the future a ways you would incorporate streaming to the app like JRemote does? I know that a tall order but I love the JRemote app and use it constantly away from home. Now with the new Roon iPhone app, I’ll be using that at home frequently. I’m happy as is, just food for thought in the future. Thanks for all the great work developers!