Roon 1.3 Feedback Thread

Are those duplicates or… as it happened here with two or three Roon split the album? :wink:

Congrats to the Roon team for a fantastic upgrade!! I used HQP all the time but the DSP integration into Roon is far more convenient. So far I cannot tell any sound difference between the 1.3 DSP and HQP. I did note that DSD upsampling is limited to 128 whereas I can do 256 in HQP. I seriously doubt that I can hear any difference, tho.

Again, thanks for all the hard work!!
[/quote]
I am a long time HQP user. With a little pain in my heart I must confess that I can confirm Harry’s opinion. I didn’t hear differences between HQP and the new Roon DSP in converting PCM to DSD128. Maybe, I say maybe i found it a little more pleasant to listen to…

1 Like

Yes. it’s finished all analysing. I let Roon play all last night to see how many albums would now be in my collection and it is now at 10015 of 9997.

They are errors. The VU album only has a total play count of 10, so not even close to my top played album, let alone 3 different copies.

The TAG alternative works okay for me. If you TAG full albums then one album art image will appear in the TAG list. Agree that a album view setting would be a nice-to-have feature.

1. The idea of offline music would be that the iPhone downloads music once it is in contact with the Core (at home). When there is no contact with the Core (in the car) one can play the downloaded music. Quite obvious actually. TIDAL has a similar ‘download’ function. Note: I thought the iPhone is in contact with the Core when I use the ROON app on my iPhone.
  2. Resolved; I use TAGs for this. Perfect alternative.
    Thanks.

Long topic so maybe it has been said allready, excuse me for that.

The PEQ is a welcome feature in 1.3. But I think it’s a bit strange that the set EQ points of a zone don’t show up on different remote’s. For example, if I set an eq in zone #1 from remote #1 these setting for zone #1 don’t show up in remote #2. In remote two I can actually add another eq point but this also can only be seen on this remote. I think this can be very confusing.

Second is the local setting of viewing genres from file tag has been changed to a global setting. Since I’m using Roon together with my girlfriend she always had the setting to view the file genres while I prefered the Roon genres. It’s a pitty this has changed.

Really do like the song based reference to other albums, nicely done.

I don’t see that behavior.

Sometimes it syncs, most times it doesn’t. Even when manually apllying changes.

Great update on many fronts! This is very encouraging.

One issue I have come across is with the Roon widget for Android. It doesn’t seem to be functional at all when I add it to my wallpaper. I am glad to see this feature added to Roon, but I just wish it worked!

My Experience with Roon 1.3 has been fantastic! The area I have toyed with the most is the DSP engine. The upsampling gives better imaging and a more expansive soundscape through my gear, more than I expected. I congratulate you guys on your innovation, but also your responsiveness to the user community. Looking forward to the addition of the MQA unfold in the near future!

2 Likes

What is a Roon Widgit?

Widgets are an android thing. An app extension that displays information. Imagine you load a weather program. The icon brings up the program, the widget displays weather data points and can bring up the program.

1 Like

Uh. Gotta bump up this idea! Offline playlists on Roon Remote! <3

1 Like

I had no idea there was a Roon widget. My excitement was short lived though as mine also doesn’t work :slight_smile:.

Hopefully an update will fix this soon! This feature should be standard on a controller app. Same with push notifications for playback control.

1 Like

I think it you got it backwards. It is not that there is a widget which doesn’t work, the bug is that a Roon widget is being displayed when there is not one.

Who knows? There wasn’t even an option for adding one until recently.

Overall, great release Roon, very pleased with the update.
Most definitely using the EQ filters, which I based upon data from REW. I think I’ve had one Roon server crash since the update, but that could well be my PC. No genuine performance issues with responsiveness and it’s worked very nicely with Tidal.

Just looking forward to software decoding of MQA now.
My thanks!

Here’s my take on the 1.3 release. I have had very good success with the mac update but the Linux
version on the Sonictransporter has been a nightmare. It appears to me that the linux version should have been
delayed.