Roon 1.3 not seeing audio devices [Resolved]

@support

I updated to build 193, but I am still having issues with roon not seeing my devices, not my DAC, not even the TV over HDMI. - it was initially after the first update, but is no longer.

I have an ebox pc, SSD, 4 Gb RAM. Processor is an Intel Atom D7200 running at 213 GHz

My DAC is a Maverick Audio DacMagic D2.

I don;t currently have dropbox

@support

dropbox link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1tihgvzucxpa8w/Roon_log.20.txt?dl=0

Hi @bevan_court ----- Thank you for the report and providing us a set of logs. We will take a look. Have you tried power cycling the equipment yet?

-Eric

yes, i tried power cycling the pc and the DAC. I also reverted to fidelizer 7.5 to check that it was not an issue with 7.6.

sorry, only one log file was in the previous link.

Same problem with my QNAP. See no audio devices. I thaught this was a Qnap problem, but maybe not then. I may try to see what happens when I install Roon on my HTPC.

Bevan

What happens if you log out of Roon ? Are you able to log in again ?

Edit:
Just forget it. My logon did just take very long time.

However I now see my audio devises when changing the core to a PC. So I probabably do not have the same problem as you.

1 Like

Hi @bevan_court ----- I just got word back from my developers that the provided log is actually from 1.2 and not 1.3.

May I kindly ask you to please provide a new set of logs from your core as well as a copy of your RAATServer logs so I can update my report to our developers. Thanks!

-Eric

I like to send my logfiles as well.
How is that done when I use Qnap ?
I did a search but no results.

We need to find out if is the Qnap that is the problem or not.

As stated before a test installation works ok on a PC, so I’m thinking it’s my Qnap. To be sure I’ve uninstalled Roon on my pc. (HTPC)

I can connect to my local files. My problem is at the moment I can’t see any audio devices.

The other problem is that a Roon Desktop on a local PC, nor the iPad can browse my music. In setup it seems ok. Meaning I can connect to my music on my server.

Further no Tidal playlists is available.
But I can see Tidal by Roon iPad and Roon desktop.

So at least my iPad and desktop behaves equal.

Hi @R1200CL ------ Thank you for the report. You can connect from the finder/windows explorer to your RoonServer share (like you connect to any other share on the QNAP). Open the RoonServer folder (located on that share) and create a zip file of your logs folder. Copy a dropbox download link here or in a PM addressed to me (@support) and we’ll have a look.

-Eric

4 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with Fireface 400 on Windows 7

@support

@support

I uninstalled and re-einstalled roon, uninstalling the settings and database worked.

Bevan

1 Like

I am having the same problem - disappearing audio devices but on Synology NAS.

Roon Core 1.3 on Synology 3615xs NAS.

Does build 194 fix this on Synology as well? Doesn’t seem to…

@support

I had the same problem, fought it for two days. I run a simple system, ASIO driver out on a dedicated Roon core computer to my DAC. I reinstalled Roon and troubleshot drivers, nothing worked. I finally disabled my System Output and it all works fine now. Roon now sees my ASIO driver and my system now works fine, even with Fidelizer. I run my Roon computer headless over Win10 remote desktop and my musuc is on a Synology NAS.

In my case, it is not seeing all my Bluesound Node2 devices. Very frustrating. Can I send logs to someone?

@support

Hi @c2c2c2 ---- Thank you for the report and sorry for the troubles. You can either share a download link here on the thread or you can send it to me privately via a PM.

-Eric

@bevan_court and @Redvolt ---- Just checking in to see if things have been stable. Let me know, and if further assistance is needed I will be glad to help.

-Eric

@Eric,

Here is a link with my last two RaaT & Roon Logs. As mentioned, Roon keeps losing audio devices - this includes wired devices.

I would appreciate it if you can have a look at my most recent logs, thanks.

@support