Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

I have suggested that the right architecture could meet several needs.
If the system supports sync among my Roon environments, of library metadata and of all or part of the content, and if it supports sync to/from my cloud repository, and if it has self-contained mobile versions, it could meet several needs:

• Let me play my content in multiple locations, using normal, full-quality, full library size Roon systems

• Let me play local content on mobile devices, using the manual content selection for downloading that you are asking for, like we do today with various devices but the consistent Roon interface and benefits

• Let me walk around the house, or out on the deck or in the garden, with mobile Roon (see my note about the Audeze Lightning cable/DAC/amp with the EL-8 cans ).

At the same time, if/when you have adequate networking capabilities, the same solution supports

• Streaming of your own content, or Tidal or other services

• If streaming is undesirable or inadequate, you can download content that you forgot to bring

I contend that adequate bandwidth is frequently available today and is rapidly becoming more ubiquitous.

These are all benefits for the high-end demographic you talk about. I’m a member, and I have an altar to the high-end with clean power and ludicrously expensive gear and sometimes I go there to listen. But that’s not the only place that I listen.

If it also appeals to younger people, that’s cool too…

2 Likes