Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

probably already asked for:

• global setting to hide editorial’s ratings/picks
    (never agree with those, but obviously I’m not a professional critic :stuck_out_tongue: )

Parental lock so that my kids can’t play songs with swear words in them.

1 Like

Hmmm… let’s see… How about: non-consuming playback queue with single-click “Play From Here”?

I really would like to take the Roon experience on the go. So that means:

• Use iOS device as endpoint (this is under development as I understand).
  • iOS stand-alone / offline mode: the ability to run Roon server on your tablet (sync with your main library?) and to download your music for offline use.

The whole Roon experience is just to nice to switch back to iTunes/Tidal when you are on your holidays… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be so great!

4 Likes

Not sure if this one’s been mentioned - be great to have a way to bring Internet Radio into a playlist, rather than it just clear whatever is being played. If I’m missing an obvious way of doing this please holler!

This is the way I’d historically use LMS - select internet radio to “play next”, then once I was done with my generally bizarre detour into a left field listening experience I’d hit “next” and my playlist would pick up where it left off.

Hi Vincent,

I did a test and I started a Playlist. Now with a number of songs in the queue, I went and started an Internet Radio Station. This did not clear the queue.

Next I stopped Internet Radio and went back to the queue, tapped (clicked) the first song and selected a Play From Here.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Cheers, Greg

Thanks for coming back to me on this Greg. This sort of answers the question, in that the queue remains intact (which is good)

Ideally I’d like to be able to treat an internet radio station like any other local track (play now, next or at end of current queue) Then, when you had finished listening to the station you’d simply skip to the next track which would resume the queue - hope that makes sense? It would mean less navigation to pick up the queue where you left off. Not a big issue at all, but thought it worth flagging in case it’s an easy fix.

1 Like

Yes, please! I know there are not many of us Bluesound users here and it depends on them to make it happen, but still…

(Fingers crossed)

Agreed. Actually, both Artists and Albums should be available in a list view. With a big library I never reach the end of the alphabet when scrolling for something to listen to. That should be an easy fix.

The only other thing I would like is to restrict Radio from Tidal after my queue is empty. I deserve to control access to my data plan.

VIf you mark an artist as favorite in Tidal, then you have your list (of artists) available as well in Roon.
Not sure if you can do this direct from Roon. Meaning have Roon editing your favorites and/or playlists in Tidal. That may be a nice option.

I understand this will not solve your local library, it you have artists not available in Tidal.

Also you may play a bit with the focus on function. You can then add your search as a bookmark. This way I was able to as an example to locate all my hi res files in one click (24 bit).

I have not explored the tagging function. Maybe possible to add a tag favorite ? Or maybe the will only work by track ?

Some day I must read the Roon user manual if it exist :grinning:
(Or YouTube tutorial)

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_create_a_smart_playlist%3F_How_do_I_save_a_Focus%3F

What’s the current status of 1.3 actually? Is there a plan to release a new version soon?

New to Roon,
I want:

1. Bar Visualization
  2. Need some crossfeed for headphone use
  3. Some skin variation, something that looking more like music bee, or media monkey.
    Sorry for bad English. English is not my native language

Hmm… first had to look up musicbee to understand what you mean.

Would actually not be such a bad thing, to have this option on the desktop version.

Working with larger databases a list or database approach makes more sense. Changing things, eg. metadata preferences would be easier in a list view io. the current way.

What about adding additional DSP functions like PCM up-sampling, different type of digital filters and PCM to DSD on the fly conversion?

COUGH SPLUTTER SPITS OUT TEA

No. Do not make Roon look like Musicbee or Mediamonkey. Or Winamp or Foobar for that matter.

Sorry. Nothing against those applications - but they’re…old, and look…old.

Having said that, there are a number of areas in Roon that are a bit clunky and difficult, such as editing metadata and grouping tracks - a list approach as Rob mentions above might be useful in those settings.

13 Likes

Agreed! Roon needs to stay elegant and user-friendly, not be overrun by nerdery.

9 Likes

having play reliably continue or restart in a grouped devices setup when one device goes away or comes back on would be nice.

1 Like

Roon skin better for playback experience, but I agree it is difficult to edit metadata. I’m agree that music bee, foobar skin outdate, that’s why roon need to make something new, that not looks nerd, looks new but also easy to edit metadata. I’m said this because my music mainly Indonesian and currently roon failed to identify those album. I’m still use music bee for editing metadata, and use roon for playback.

Helo pak Andrianto. I wonder how many other fellow Roon users there are in Indonesia.

I don’t think a single cd by an Indonesian artist has been identified, pop or gamelan style classical, in my collection.

Apart from (much) easier manipulation of tracks in the Identification process especially, my main hopes remain the option to prefer the existing tags for composer and orchestra.

The additional option to Play album after album currently playing remains very desirable too.