Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

@Marc_Koval Marc just FYI for transparency … on runway now, will get to this later this eve also feel free to weigh in here given we have a combination of new COMMS (ie. 8KSE’s) + legacy COMMS (ie. 5500HC as master) … will post later, @danny if there is a specific sub topic kindly point me to that otherwise I’ll start a new thread, feel free to let me know what to name it …

pick/unpick by clicking left of track’s number (or straight from “three dots”) :slight_smile:

@pl_svn – you want to change the editor pick? is favoriting (the heart) not really what you want?

You mean the connector type? SpeakerLink vs the BNC or DIN cable? There is no functional difference at a protocol level, just a different connector type.

Just create a new topic… this is the first I’m hearing that our comms support needs improvement.

as there’s no star rating for tracks I’m using/combining both “pick” and “heart” :wink:
(plus I almost never agree with editor picks :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I like the items listed by @extracampine.

My main wish is better Tidal search and presentation of metadata for classical music and jazz. I suspect this must be terribly difficult because Tidal is such a total f—ing mess: a giant library created with zero thought to finding anything. It’s as if a chimpanzee were in charge. I’m not sure that even Rovi has what I’m looking for.

As one example, it’s very difficult to find the Mercury album of Byron Janis playing the Rachmaninoff 3rd piano concerto (with Anatol Dorati), because this comes up among “appearances” in the listing (after searching for Byron Janis).

There is an RCA album of the Rachmaninoff piano concertos #2 and #3, with two different pianists (Janis and Barry Douglas), and it’s impossible to see which one of them is playing the piano on most tracks.

On string quartet albums, I would like to know who is playing the instruments.Sometimes the reviews help here; sometimes not.

On jazz albums, who (other than the named leader) is playing? Once again, the reviews often help, but not always.

Is any of this possible?

1 Like

Or at least basic EQ! I’ve read other posts on the Roon site as to why their system architecture doesn’t support VST or AU plugins. But that doesn’t prevent them from offering at least some similar capabilities.

1 Like

A simple, but for me important wish: Can there be an option, to chance the volume control vom slider to +/-? (as in BubbleDS Next)

Background: With the slider it is difficult to make little steps (+/- 1 or 2) and that brings al too big step in my setup.

Christoph

2 Likes

+1. I’ve suggested the scroll wheel, but +/- buttons still would be better than a slider, which is hard to control precisely.

2 Likes

The feature I want is to be able to turn off the features I do not want to see. I never want to have my music shuffled so want to turn that feature off so it does not appear and accidentally get chosen (it also seems to be that when you play an artist’s complete works it shuffles tracks so you get three movements of a concerto out of sequence or a late Dave Brubeck suddenly followed by Take 5). Similarly for overriding the Prefer Roon metadata option which is the default when I actually prefer the metadata I have carefully ensured to be correct. Not having the extra information onscreen when selecting music would be good too. I really do not use the find similar and discovery things. I think it is ok if those are in tabs that I can choose not to open also.

1 Like

Yes, that would be great.

A sleep timer in the iOS and Android apps please.

2 Likes

Bluesound support. And a better now playing screen. It just looks like everyone else’s.

4 Likes

Did a mention an alarm function so that Roon can wake me up with PF’s Time

2 Likes

In HISTORY, an option to review ARTIST/ALBUMS played (without the full list of tracks being listed). This would make for a shorter review list of what has been listened to.

1 Like

HQPlayer interface:

2 Likes

Could you integrate BBC IPlayer into Roon?

1 Like

Seconded. Or thirded. Or whatever.

A sleep timer is the only thing I miss from my dabblings with the Squeeze circus, years ago. I have fond memories of that plugin that would let you control the slope while lowering volume.

I guess the upcoming Roon API will create possibilities for this.

3 Likes

I would like to have a switch to enable/disable convolution.
This would allow easy swithing between speakers and headphones.
In HQPlayer this is possible when playing with a simple button.

I would love password/pincode protection for profiles and a way of setting up a profile as read only. Favorites etc are ok for all profiles but I would like to let my kids into Roon without the fear of them changing metadata or deleting content.

And +1 for better metadata handling (artist merging), iOS streaming and iOS offline support.

Keep up the great work, can’t wait for 1.3 :slight_smile: