Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

I would like to have an option to add an album or favotites shuffeled to the playlist.

For the current playlist I would like to have a function to shuffle the remaining tracks.

I know that there is a shuffled play mode, but this removes the sort functionality.

It should be possible to turn off shuffle mode any time. At the moment a new album gets shuffled in the playlist when it was activated in the last use. At least you should have the chance to deactivate shuffle mode centrally.

2 Likes

I would like to see an option to copy a queue to another zone type or grouping

I.e. If you are playing to an AirPlay grouping to be able to copy that current programming to say a RAAT setup.

Alternatively force a play setup to multiple zones even though the sync might not be identical.

My wife always complains she canā€™t get music all over the house to be playing in which ever room she turns it on atā€¦if she moves from one room to another she will probably turn off the amps in the room she vacates, thus absolute sync is not critical. Not that AirPlay sync is that great anyway.

Regarding any UI/UX updates as they relate to edge cases, I would say tread carefully. You have a robust app thatā€™s elegant and fun to use. Sometimes leaving features out is more important than adding them. Especially if it impedes usability. One opinion.

4 Likes

Bluesound support and a better now playing screen. The current now playing is just like all the others out thereā€¦Where is the innovation?

@danny, This topic exist now for 3 months. Any news on when we can expect 1.3?

We are still working on 1.3, and do not have an release date yet. We are considering adding some 1.3 features to a 1.2.x release however.

In fairness the topic was created the day 1.2 was released.

SJB

3 Likes

Indeed, I didnā€™t want to waste any time!

In most MacOS music players (including iTunes, Spotify, and Tidal) you can right-click the dock icon to pause. Iā€™d really like to have that feature in Roon for when Iā€™m doing work on my iMac (which runs the roon server app), so I donā€™t have to bring the Roon app to the front to pause music. An option to announce the song as a notification (like Tidal etc) would also be nice to have.

For what itā€™s worth, you can use the media keys on your Mac keyboard. I love this support in Roon. Seems to work even if Roon isnā€™t the foreground application.

1 Like

I donā€™t use an Apple keyboard.

hello,

i would like to have a choosable list view at the Artist section (or at ohers too) to do a quicker scrolling than now from side to side with artists.

You can set favourites with the heart and then call them up by pressing the heart in Album view.

thanks andy,
i know the favourite function and do like it, but a quicker scrolling through artists (just the names) would be good too if i want hear others than the favourites. I know that from other Apps and do use it often.
Just a wish for the future perhaps :wink:

there is also alpha nav at the bottom and if you have a keyboard, you can just start typing

Or just drag the scroll bar across the screen.

In no particular order:

• Home page of ROON to be able to be organized like a ā€˜consoleā€™, in other words the user could divide their homepage real estate into 4 quadrants, perhaps 6 if using the iPad Pro 12.9". The Quadrants can be broken down into widgets. Users could quickly glance their top 6 areas of interest simulaneously, or in parallel. For example: Artists, SongKick, Settings, Genres, Focus, etc. In other words, they define the areas they peruse most frequently, and set that up as their homepage.

• Custom tags to be relational, perhaps with real machine learning algorithms in the background to suggest 1) next best artist that a user doesnā€™t have in their library, that they should based on ā€˜favoriteā€™, etc.

• More stable operation within Meridian system, in particular multi-zone and with legacy non S/L COMMS (this is currently an issue in my setup)

• Hopefully playback on legacy IOS (iPad 2, etc.), even if slimmed down functionality. I have iPads in the wall (home automation) that Iā€™d like to be able to use ROON.

• Anywhere / Any Device capabilityā€¦I liked how with Sooloos I could just get to my IP address from anywhere and access my library ā€¦ perhaps I am missing that capability w/ROON, if it exists I apologize just installed this 2 days ago.

• Improve Radio Station Search and Importing (rather than typing in manually) ā€¦ perhaps deeper integration(s)

• Better Grouping of 1) box sets 2) artists 3) classical ā€¦ could be perhaps handled w/meta data

• iTunes in arbitrary location, specifically network NAS devices

• Even larger volume slider for easier sliding (too skinny, I still canā€™t grab it)

• Option for the user to ā€œOpt inā€ to artist graphics where exact album cannot be found. In other words, if the ā€˜exactā€™ album is not found, the system auto generates the next best option and adds it

• Surround sound support

• Better diagnostics and analytics

• For Meridian users that are using MQA, the ability for ROON to confirm the signal path is full MQA. (reason : some meridian users have legacy COMMS mixed with SE, this creates wonky COMMS issues, so ROON could and should act as the validation interface)

• Full album and liner notes

Chromecast support (which is apparently on the roadmap, but I think it needs to be a high priority!)

2 Likes

Better physical library management (when the album moves to itā€™s own folder that Roon prefers based on tags, could it delete the previous folder which can contain .jpg and .pdf files? Or better incorporate those PDFs somehow into the library).

Can you put in a post explaining this in the Support category? The Roon Team has a lot of Meridian gear. Roon already support volume, source switching, and standby via Meridian Comms.