Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

This will not happen without their support. You should bug them a lot. If they don’t respond favorably, you should vote with your Euros and stop using them.

2 Likes

will do :wink:

thankfully I can access it with the Aries. would love, though, not having to switch remote :wink:

you saying Roon does, or you’d like it too?

I’d like roon to use R128 and existing meta data from JRiver.

2 Likes
  • support for Raspberry pi 7" dsplay on linux. simply a cover with few basic controls woud be enough,

• group airplay with raat devices

[quote=“cuco, post:146, topic:9534, full:true”]

• support for Raspberry pi 7" dsplay on linux. simply a cover with few basic controls woud be enough, [/quote]

This may be possible with the Roon API, which is coming.

RAAT and AirPlay have fundamentally different approaches to clock ownership, not an easy thing to implement.

Qobuz keeps telling us, that they are working with you on an integration. I posted the last reply I got here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-integration/6767/75?u=martin_kogel

oh… a couple details that, imho, would improve readability:

• please move “Playlists” (a track pertains to) underneath “Composed by”
    (now it shows, when present, between “Title” and “Composed by”, making it all, imho, quite a mess)

• please, to improve readability of “half stars”, remove “grey (unissegned) ones”
    wait… this one needs a screenshot:

I replied over there.

1 Like

Something I’d really like to see Roon add is the ability to link all performances of a song or work so that all instances of a song or work are accessible from any instance of that song/ work rather than only those Roon deems significant or knows of.

An example, Kasey Chambers covers Return of the Grievous Angel on her album Storybook yet the song isn’t 1) recognised or 2) credited. As a result it doesn’t show up when listing Roon’s instances of the song and I cannot automagically start browsing Gram Parsons compositions from this album.

It’d be useful to have the ability to have Roon review its database entries and match stuff that’s a clear match, and perhaps have you confirm/ deny where it’s not sure it’s dealing with a clear match.

1 Like

+1 an interesting idea, would be really good fun I think.

This is already there, in the design, but doesn’t work properly because of the inconsistency between metadata sources. You hit the nail on the head in your last paragraph. It could be crowd-sourced but has to be done extremely carefully otherwise the problems caused by accidental matches could be serious…

Isn’t this something that metadata editing will allow, when it comes? The user could both fix faulty metadata and make links between artists.

Sure, but as much automation as possible would help. I have 16000 “works” in my Roon. That’s a lot of editing to fix equivalence issues. It certainly needs to be crowd sourced. Or the team need to find a way for the Roon metadata service to be effectively “de-duped” from the Works point of view. (In Classical, Opus numbers could be crucial in making this work precisely.)

@brian @joel and co understand this well already.

Yeh, I definitely wouldn’t want to deal with the bulk manually, only the exceptions.

I would like the ability to group ApplePlay units into the same groups as other USB DAC’s or networked RAAT devices. I can live with a warning that sync might be a beat or 3 or more out of sync but having the same options to play a selection everywhere in the house is still something worth optioning. Maybe a configurable delay for some networked devices is doable?

The Roon boys would like to do this but it’s not easy and it may it may not come. See this discussion.

Also you may be more sensitive than you think to a being a beat or two out of sync. See this discussion here.

well I would vote this way too…if its an option it should come with a caveat that this might not play in sync and results might not be perfect but at least those who want it can use it. without being able to try it its hard to say how unusable it would be or or it might just work great :sunglasses:

Room Correction
Ability to play TIDAL Music Videos

1 Like

When selecting Shuffle for a playlist or a focus list or whatever is in que, to have the choice to shuffle by Track, Work or Album.

And, yes, option for some room correction (defeatable) like Dirac or like.

1 Like