Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities

I would like to be able to adjust the volume with the mouse wheel.
You could restrict this to be possible only when the mouse cursor is over the speaker icon.

At the moment adjusting the volume needs to many clicks and precisely dragging the slider.

2 Likes

Agree that adjusting volume with the slider is too sensitive, and for Meridian gear with the buttons is clunky.

Mouse wheel may be ok. But I mostly use the touch (iPad or Windows), and I recommend the slow-geared control that iOS uses, e.g. for the timer/alarm clock.

Top priority: SongCast or more general OpenHome support. (Please!)

Next: access to Roon Core via mobile devices over the Internet.

Still loving version 1.2, for the record.

Feature request: option to show queue in full screen instead of the current song taking up half the screen. That will make rearranging the song order much easier.

And if course, non destructive playback as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 on Songcast and OpenHome support

Can you add the clock to the iphone/ipad app?

• Playlist changes / enhancements, plenty of great suggestions in the dedicated thread, but an “Album Playlist View” is a big one for me.

• Add “Restart Roon Server” option to the UI, Dock ctrl-click menu and/or the Toolbar menu

• I’d like “Recently Added” to be tabbed (it gets stale) with a second tab for “Favorites” where I could see my favorited albums instead.

• db / config back-up that can be mapped to a local or network directory (e.g. mapped Dropbox, iCloud Drive, etc.)

• I’d still love an option in settings to choose between vertical and horizontal scrolling where suitable (e.g. Albums, Artists and Playlists).

• Allow default 1-cluck playback behavior to be configurable (I prefer “Play from Here”). I still feel like too many clicks are required to play music most of the time. I’d love to left-click to play using a configured default and ctrl-click for all the alternatives.

2 Likes

You can use Focus for this, unless there’s something else you had in mind?

“Recently Added” gets stale if I haven’t added anything lately to my library. I’d like the option to see something more useful (e.g. Favorites) when I click on Overview.

1 Like
  • Place the volume slider right where the volume icon is (like YouTube and any other apps) so one doesn’t have to jump your mouse or fingers to the muddle of the screen as soon as the volume icon is clicked.

• 1 click play. Either add the play icon right next to the credits or replace the credits icon and move it to the multi-click option.

• Reduce the size of the “in your face” play, queue, buttons, etc. Ruins the fluidity of the UI. Try it with your 27" monitor in full screen. Arggg…

Bad idea.
1 click play is in itself bad idea. Nothing that can give you the chance to accidently destroy the queue is a no-go. Think about a party. One of you guests surely will kill the queue you have prepared. Big NO-GO.

And moving the play button to the credit position destroys the current UI logic. It’s an other kind of information layer.

Try it with a smaller touchscreen device and you will love the size.

Don’t click it. Roon is for me and not for my guests

I listen to music while working on a PC with PC serving as remote. This is much convenient than another touchscreen device I don’t have a need for much.

Oh no it isn’t. :slight_smile:

Many of us are happy to live life on the edge…

R128 loudness algorithm instead of current reply gain. R128 is far more accurate

Roon should be able to calculate OR use already existing R128 Tags (created by JRiver).

1 Like

I don’t really care what algorithm is used for volume leveling, but two issues should be solved:

1. Tidal music is a lot louder that local content using volume leveling.
  2. Playing an album, no volume leveling should be used between the album tracks
3 Likes

That’s because their pop/rock catalogue is generally comprised of brickwalled “remasters”. There still remains a lot to be said for local content. I’ve thrown out many a remaster purchased in the hope that it’s an improvement on an initial release. Often times it’s not.

Same here. Many disappointments come to mind
e.g Tres Hombres, Gracelands, Joshua Tree

A post was split to a new topic: Tidal louder than volume levelled Local tracks

• Qobuz
  • Remove Tidal from “hamburger menu” if not configured
  • Qobuz
  • Individual tracks rating (with half stars)
  • Qobuz
  • smart playlists with tracks rating and play count as available criteria
  • Qobuz

:slight_smile:

oh, wait… did I mention Qobuz? :stuck_out_tongue: