Roon 1.4 Feedback

Am I missing something in the zone grouping controls?

It used to be the you could drop any zone or zones from a group, and the remaining zones in the group would go on playing.

In the new v1.4 UI, I don’t see a way to remove the zone the group is named after from the group.

For instance:

• I grouped Bedroom, Bath, Living Room
  • Since I started with Bedroom, that group was referred to by Roon as Bedroom + 2, and Bedroom was the zone displayed in fancy bold in the zone grouping UI.
  • Having showered and gotten dressed, I wanted to drop Bedroom and Bath from the “Bedroom + 2” group, leaving only the Living Room zone playing.
  • I couldn’t find a way to do that in the new UI - Bath and Living Room had selection boxes I could uncheck to remove them, and other zones had boxes I could check to add them, but I didn’t see a box to uncheck to remove Bedroom from the group! This totally used to be possible.

Am I missing some trick in the UI which lets me do this? I ended up having to do a really clunky workaround involving stopping play, breaking up the group, the re-starting play at the desired zone. I guess I could also have removed the Living Room zone then done a play transfer from the active group consisting only of zones I no longer wanted playing to the just-removed zone I wanted to continue to play… but all this is massively less natural and straightforward than the previous way.

I must be missing something.