Roon 1.4 Feedback

Great update. Thank you!

2 Likes

I still can’t share on Facebook. After entering the code (Copy and Paste doesn’t work) I’m told I’m connected but it doesn’t share. Also the Share app says ‘Connect to Facebook’ as opposed to ‘Share on Facebook’ as it does for Twitter.
iPad Pro latest iOS

Roon is trying to work with other services, these others do not want to play together at this time…

So if I’m reading right, Roon 1.4 on iOS requires iOS 11? I don’t have internet right now but does this mean if I connect my network to the internet and update Roon on Linux, I won’t be able to control Roon at all without updating my devices from iOS 10?

Thanks for the quick response Mike. Needing to move tracks around in the queue to get around Roon’s queue modifying behavior isn’t the solution I was hoping for. If I have to move songs around, it’s easier to just play them one at a time and ignore the queue altogether, which is what I’d been doing.

The use case is simple. A passive queue. Load music into the queue, play songs from the queue, in any order I want, without the queue changing.

Currently, I make a queue. Roon changes it. It’s still “destructive”, just in a different way.

On the plus side, “Radio” seems to be tremendously improved.

3 Likes

Thanks Roon! You guys rocks!

4 Likes

When can we expect this update to hit ROCK?

1 Like

Thank you!

Roon gets better & better with every update.

3 Likes

Seems like the new queue differentiates between “skipped” tracks and tracks that have played all the way through. The latter are just grayed out and left in the queue, which I think is the behavior expected by @k6davis. Personally, I don’t see the point in making the distinction (especially since the check boxes in “Add to Playlist” popup don’t also make the same distinction), but I’m not always inclined to see obvious things right in front of my face. Perhaps this is solving a problem that I didn’t have. Anyway, I think it’s better than what came before, and what else can we really hope for.

Appreciate the volume control improvement very much! The old slider was my personal pet peeve in the UI, and the new one is definitely more workable. Nice work.

Jim

This is not a Rock sw update, just go to settings then about (top right) and you should be prompted to update, for the iPad use the App Store as usual.

Russ

By far not the UI update I was hoping for. All of my comments about the album browser stay put. There where all kind of hints for pretty radical changes but nothing actual changed. Yes, some control elements are improved but where are the hinted at “new ways to explore music” Just a minor update imho. Don’t want to sound negative but I’ll just sit down and wait for Roon 2.0.

Many thanks for the improved radio though.

Really like some of the improvements

and
and

and all those wishing for iDevice playback are undoubtedly writing their Thank You Santa cards as this very moment.

I never noticed something like this before but the settings for each play button preference seem to be for device rather than global - is this what it’s meant to do?

.sjb

8 Likes

I really don’t want the queue to have any automatic behavior at all. Graying songs out, hiding/collapsing them, etc. There must be some people that like that, but I’m asking for an option to turn that off. I want the queue to be the queue that I made, until I change it.

I don’t mean to sound overly negative. You guys have done heroes work here (Radio !!! and so much more), but the new, still-active queue does not meet the use case that I (and others) requested. I have to keep undoing all of its automatic changes.

2 Likes

This is not a Rock sw update, just go to settings then about (top right) and you should be prompted to update, for the iPad use the App Store as usual.

I guess I’m confused.Although I have Roon loaded on my iPhone, I rarely use the iOS app. Is this update only for iOS? I’m aware this is not a ROCK update, which is why I asked how soon the update–its features–would be ported to ROCK.

jca

Lovely! Love iOS playback!
Took me a while to find Audio device setup though, but i think i like the Zone selector like it looks now.

So far very nice! Had my hopes up for vertical iPad display too, but i’ll keep hoping! :wink:

1 Like

I love the new ability to move tracks in the queue even if shuffle is enabled. Thanks for that

1 Like

That’s not correct, nothing is removed from the queue without the user explicitly doing so. Those grouped skipped tracks can be expanded at will.

Some might asked, “Why are skipped tracks grouped?” Answer, to make it easier to move them around the queue as a whole.

8 Likes

Yes, this is by design

2 Likes

Jim, this is a Roon core/server update, regardless of OS or platform. ROCK is irrelevant. Just open a (non phone) Roon remote, and you should be prompted that a Roon core/server update is available. If not, check the Settings > About screen.

AJ

Nice Work! Finally first-class iOS Music Citizen! Finally Slide Over too, so i can twitter while looking on roon or slide up to go fast mailchecking and back. OK, no side-by side Apps or drag and drop with Roon! It demands the whole screen. But slide over is defintely a plus!

What about a remote for WatchOS? Just to prev track, stop/play and next track please!

And while where at it: Mobile Library to export selected albums/Tracks to a sd-card (up to 500GB) so i can use Roon on the Go with my CHORD Mojo-Poly Bundle (even if i have to use another App to play on the go!

Thanks for this great update, while i’m always meandering between Audirvana/iTunes(AppleMusic and TIDAL, this update let me gravitate more and more towards ROON as the Center of my Personal Music-Universe!

2 Likes