Roon 1.5 Feedback Thread

Same same :grin:

I keep delaying the need to get prescription reading glasses or contacts.

1 Like

I hear you. Bet I’m closer in age to your dad than to you. :wink:

Ha I think he just plays dumb so I do everything. The lazy bugger !

1 Like

Smart man! If I had someone I could get to do all of this for me, I wouldn’t hesitate either.

2 Likes

Install Team Viewer on your pc and I am sure @dabassgoesboomboom would do it for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s a very nice chap.

2 Likes

Ha, and I thought you were one of the good guys around here Mark !

:grin:

1 Like

Flawless upgrade again guys. Great work.

Thanks for the link. That is a helpful article. The new Versions feature is sweet! The one major hiccup caused by this automatic grouping of versions is Kendrick Lamar’s Damn. The collectors edition is just all tracks played in reverse order. This must have stumped Roon because instead of making them two versions, it grouped all the tracks from both versions into the same 28 track super jumbled album with no album cover! I had to manually select the 14 tracks from one version of the album and group them as one separate album.

1 Like

Are iPad users able to use Roon in portrait mode after this release?

It’s not mentioned in the release notes and my iPad Mini 3 doesn’t rotate when orientation is unlocked, so I would say No.

I don’t know why I can’t wrap my head around all this but if I want to use Roon’s filter rather than MQA’s and I have an MQA dac, do I just select “renderer only?”

As before, 12” iPad supports portrait mode, others do not.

Other way around: rendering is where the filters come in, so you don’t want the DAC doing that. Select No MQA. Roon will do unfolding. Then you can add upsampling with Roon filters if you want.

1 Like

Ok. For some reason I am understanding everything backwards. Thank you

Nice release, it gets rid of some major long-term annoyances. As mentioned previously, I would like to have the option to prioritize lossless above MQA when determining the primary version of a Tidal album. Thankfully the lossless FLAC files in my library are prioritized above all MQA versions available from Tidal.

Now I have the option to play first unfold MQA files (or not) without reconfiguring my entire signal path. Previously to play an MQA file I would have to switch Roon to the µR zone, change my µR to Roon Ready mode from HQP mode and enable MQA on my Brooklyn DAC (which also forced the filter to MPH). Now I can keep HQP up-conversion and my preferred DAC filter regardless of what type of file I’m playing!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Bridge missing on Kangaroo mini-PC after update

Well me old mate, I know you like a challenge and to tinker :grin:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: No MQA Settings on Allen & Heath Qu-Pac Mixer

@brian and team - well done guys.

I’m personally still undecided on the whole MQA debate. But despite that, being able to see immediately which albums are MQA vs CD is a brilliant leap forward for the Roon experience.

Likewise seeing 96/24 appear on my DAC via USB.

Also whilst I don’t personally need it, the database of Roon ready devices and simpler auto-setup for new users is a great idea.

A very impressive release for your product.

Cheers,
Alan

1 Like

Well, this is sounds pretty damn good in MQA 192. In fact listening to it on my headphones is making my spine tingle and is taking me back to Brixton Academy in March '91 where I saw them play a mind blowing gig.

Thanks team Roon for another excellent update. I’m finding the versions tab REALLY helpful.

3 Likes