Roon 1.5 MQA DirectStream Junior Issues

Aloha,

The PS Audio DirectStream Junior is a Roon ready device. Using its Network Bridge II, if I turn off the Roon DSP engine, the Tidal MQA signal is passed on to the DSJ like normal and plays well.

I much prefer to use the Roon DSP engine. When I play Tidal MQA over The Bridge (ethernet) post the 1.5 update, the DSJ shows that its receiving the MQA signal, but there are a number of issues.

Either no sound comes out, or its garbled, or it plays for 20 seconds and then no sound comes out.

In the Roon Settings, MQA Renderer & Decoder is activated.

I’ve tried the Roon DSP engine with and without DSD upsampling. Same issues.

Guidance would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Known issue, changed to Decoder only for now, PSAudio/Conversdigital will have to update the firmware to allow decode and rendering with DSP.

1 Like

Thanks for posting over at the PSA site Larry. Appreciate it…

1 Like

Would it help if I contact PS Audio also?

Already done

1 Like

What section contains your post over at the PSA forums? I can’t find it…

1 Like

Thanks. Does the whole MQA DSP thing work over USB with the DS or DSJ?

You’ll get something the DSJ can play for sure, I believe it will be a wav, as the unit itself can’t decode MQA.

I would suffer no stress over this…Ted has said the MQA folks looked over or received a detailed flow of what he’s doing in the FPGA and they had no issues with it. I read this to mean they were freaking impressed and said ‘yeah MQA adds nothing to the mix here. Nice job.’

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.