Roon 1.6 (Build 416) Feedback

I agree and have similar results.

I had the same issue on my Node2, that the progress bar jumped 5-10 seconds in the start of the track. But after the latest Bluesound update, the problem is solved for me.

I was hoping that the latest BS update would fix it for me, but it didnā€™t. Subjectively, it may have made it a ā€œlittleā€ better, but perhaps thatā€™s wishful thinking on my part.

Any chance you are using crossfade between tracks? I had a similar problem until I turned it off.

Things are certainly snappier here on my iPad Pro and Android is so much better.

Looks very promising. Speed right now is back. Like I remember from version 1.5.
Need some time to check the new version at different time points during the day.
Performance fluctuated quite a bit.
Now Roon feels snappy and is very responsive.

1 Like

What is your system? (Roon Server? Hardware/software?)

Win 10 Server, Intel 7700, Samsung SSD

1 Like

Same here - searches almost instantaneous. Will keep an eye on it for a few days, but looking good so far.

Much snappier now on both my iPad pro and Pixel 3 phone and Mac desktop. Core is ROCK on a 7i5, hardwired ethernet. I was having the same issues as other posters.

1 Like

Does seem faster. Time will tell. Thanks for the improvement!

Thanks for asking @James_I, but if only it were that easy. Crossfade is off, I donā€™t use that feature.

search has become unbearably slow with this release :no_mouth:
(1.6 was, so far, just a bit slower than 1.5)

Roon Core on dedicated Mac Mini running macOS 10.14.4
slow from either an iPhone 8, iPad Pro 10.5ā€ or MacBook Pro 15ā€ tb

search as slow as before ā€¦:tired_face:

hereā€™s my system

Very happy to finally see this addressed a few years later. Thanks!

1 Like

Kudos guys and thanks
First impressions UI performance improvements are very evident !
I was coping ok in any case but this is snappier and more immediate

I do not experience much improvement when searching for new stuff. Also streaming from Qobuz still has 5-10s start time. Way more than Tidal had in 1.5 . Build 416 has great improvements when repeating searches. It remembers much better that a long lasted search has returned a result and in repetition it is now fast. Also there are many improvements in how the Qobuz page remembers the last activity and is fast in reshooting you results that had been slowly searched. In the end streaming in apps that use what Roon does not like and refused to implement!, i.e. the standard SDK as all others are using (like Devialet Spark, LMS, Volumioā€¦) are all snappy,requests have almost the same features (e.g search for similar artistsā€¦) ā€¦ Roon is still not there. My hypothesis on all that is that Roon needs to go more professional towards networking services that guarantee respond times worldwide within few 100ms to data requests like search engines do or other web services. Maybe this works well in California where Roon developers are located (if Iā€™m not mistaken) and do (can) not experience how much their new development (ver. 1.6) sucks in other regions due to a slow backbone.

Not updated on iPad in Denmark yet. iPhone ok.

Should be out in Denmark now.

Thanks for the new release.

The visible screen update/flashing dots at the top of the screen bug thatā€™s been on my Samsung galaxy S2/S3 tablet for as long as I can remember (1.3,1.4,1.5) has been fixed.

So very pleased. :grinning: