Roon 1.6: Error loading page, problems with Internet connection

Since two days I always get a popup telling me “Error loading page”. Please check your network connection".
I’m running Roon 1.6 on Windows 10, my music files are all LOCAL, i.e., they are stored on the same PC Roon core is running.
My WLAN connection is very good but I even tried to replace WLAN by a LAN cable: Same roon problems with Internet connection.

Because I found similar problems reported in 2018 I checked my DNS connection but could not find any problems here. So when going to Roon’s “Overview” page I will get a ~15 seconds timeout - where Roons display is not being refreshed - then I will get the popup telling me “Error loading page. Please check your network connection”. After closing this popup and waiting for another ~15 seconds a Roon overiew page is displayed showing me recently added albums etc…

I’m connected to TIDAL and Qobuz and I can display everything provided by Qobuz and almost everything provided by TIDAL: TIDAL Rising tells me “Failed to load albums”. TIDAL Playlists, Genres etc. work well.

Roon log file contains several WARN messages that report network errors like:
Error in web request https://push.roonlabs.com/push/1/connect: NetworkError
or
Warn: Error in web request https://metadataserver.roonlabs.net

However, ping CAN connect to these URLs:

>ping metadataserver.roonlabs.net

Ping is executed for roonlabs.net [35.244.225.31] with 32 bytes of data:
Answer by 35.244.225.31: Bytes = 32 Time = 21ms TTL = 57

Ping Statistics for 35,244,225.31:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0
    (0% loss),
Approximately Times in millisec .:
    Minimum = 21ms, maximum = 21ms, mean = 21ms

>ping push.roonlabs.com

Ping is executed for roonlabs.net [35.244.225.31] with 32 bytes of data:
Answer by 35.244.225.31: Bytes = 32 Time = 24ms TTL = 57
Answer by 35.244.225.31: Bytes = 32 Time = 41ms TTL = 57
Answer by 35.244.225.31: Bytes = 32 Time = 58ms TTL = 57

Ping Statistics for 35,244,225.31:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0
    (0% loss),
Approximately Times in millisec .:
    Minimum = 21ms, maximum = 58ms, mean = 36ms

Any ideas how to solve this kind of problems…?

If you can change settings in your network router point your DNS source to cloudfare at 1.1.1.1 or Google. Do a quick search of the forum for articles on this.

I changed my DNS server to be “1.1.1.1” from Cloudflare, even did a complete reset and reboot of my fritz.box router: but nothing changed Roon’s current behaviour …

I am only using Qobuz. Yesterday evening (7-10pm CET) I had network problems as well. I could stream music from Qobuz but all Qobuz related infos like album art, recommendations, version information, etc. was loading very, very slowly or not at all.

I rebooted the roon core, the client, the internet modem but nothing changed.

At the same time I experienced problems with Google searches and stuff which had to be loaded via https://fonts.googleapis.com/ for example. I checked some “outage information” sites on the web and saw that there have been more outage reports than usual in the time frame in question.

The internet access, other websites and service have been working without problem. I gave up around 10pm CET. I’m gonna check again tonight. I hope that the problems are gone.

1 Like

Hello ,
I got the same Problem on my 2014 MACMINI (OSX 10.14)
Qubuz and TIDAL are very slow and coverart is not loading.
@support

Hi @KPB,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. I have a few questions as to clarify the issue:

• How often does this issue occur?
  • What set of actions are you performing before this page pops up?
  • How big is your library?
  • What are the specs of your Core?
  • Does this issue still occur after a reboot of the Core?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris,
I disabled my Qobuz and TIDAL account for a day and tried Roon->Settings->Overview again this morning - after having Qobuz and TIDAL re-enabled:
The overview page loads as ususal, i.e., without any noteworthy disruptions.

So, I guess it was a temporary (network?) problem that I noticed some days before.
Anyway: Rebooting Roon core alone did not solve the problem for me; it seems that a set of other actions/events (though not all of them under my control) made my “Roon->Settings-Overview Delay” disappear… at least for now… :wink:

1 Like

Hi @KPB -
Thanks for letting me know that info.
If it occurs again do let me know.

– Noris

I got the same problem I solved with this suggestion.
Thanks
Andrea

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.