Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

A post was split to a new topic: Artist photos cut in half

Bravo on the Search and Now Playing redesign! Extremely well played.

The rest of looks fine, so far…

1 Like

Love Radio!!! Out of the 13 songs it just played, I knew only one (the one I chose at the beginning!) and just skipped one (because I wanted to try the feedback option :wink. Great stuff playing. Thanks guys.
I love also that the now playing can be configured. I have now a very logical flow of info on whats playing. Just one request here, could you guys add the biodata on the Artist Bio page?

2 Likes

Yes, I see what you mean. But a carefully selected playlist, a “mix tape”, could be a pretty good guide to finding new compatible music. Or perhaps there’s some feature in Roon already for this purpose?

2 Likes

It could, but you would probably provide more clear direction to the algorithm by picking the artist or album that most typifies what you want and kicking off radio from there. Different way of using the tools…but I think it makes a better result in the end.

@brian But what if I want to hear a mix of genre radio type, not only Pop/Rock, but mixed with some Folk, Blues and Jazz in there. I assume that i can’t built that with the current Roon Radio, correct? If i select a genre/artist/album/song it will play similar things to that, so just this genre?

Can we make the lyrics a little smaller please?

5 Likes

Gotta piggyback onto what others have already said…not liking the new ‘Now Playing’ screen, particularly the lack of large album art. Can it not just be an additional option, e.g. artist pic, lyrics, album review, etc.?

5 Likes

Twice I received error downloading. Using Mac mini and Mojave.

Absolutely this. I signed up for Roon because of the promise of beautiful artwork and not just the front cover. I’m a lifer so not going anywhere but it’s disappointing that after so long we’ve now gone from underwhelming to ugly. I have a client coming round tomorrow and for the first time I’m considering hiding the iPad Pro so that I don’t have to talk about Roon.

8 Likes

I have used Roon for over two years and have never used the Noe Playing screen.

Hello! Thanks for your gréât work and Qobuz intégration, i left Roon but came back because this. I have however a question. Why when searching for an artist, sometime it have less album than in Qobuz. Per example Squarepusher have in Qobuz near 24 albums and when searching in Roon, it give me only 2 albums,…

Regarding Qobuz Purchased Albums: they show up in the overview, which is very nice, but once I click on one of them I get a page saying “Loading Album…” Nothing happens. Anyone else has the same issue?

Great to see Qobuz now in Roon. But:

Now I have all the albums I’ve ever purchased also in my Albums Library. For example, this is only a small screenshot:

@support How can I use Qobuz and not see my purchased albums? If I purchase an album, naturally I import the files and safe them in my local storage. I want to use Qobuz as implemented. But the double album feature is unnecessary and annoying.

One way I found is via Fokus. But this pink button is not really nice either.

1 Like

I got the idea a couple of times where roon was able to add more to a track but just the albumart. But since a 120K collection for 44K lyrics +12400 reviews and bio you could easily ask yourself how often one get’s presented with more but half a blank screen + the following image:
Unbenannt

The problem isn’t the concept on it’s own, this would rock, but it relies upon data being served by roon (or taking embedded data into account which roon does refuse).

I really wonder if betatesting only covered the ideal situations where all were enthusiastic about changes. Testing should cover what happens in reality.

Another one … every looked at roon on a 30" screen? Which tester voted for the microscopic thin fonts for titel, artist, queue, endpointname and volume in the lower section? Must have been someone with magnifying glasses on all day.

3 Likes

To be clearer, I’m talking about trying to install 1.6. It shows download ‘progress’ then I get a very quick scree that says something about installing but then immediately get error saying There was an error checking for an update.

Did someone already say “Give us back the old good waveform?” :slight_smile:

11 Likes

How do I get Qobuz to work? When I use the sign up link it just says it’s in beta and won’t let me sign up.

1 Like

I notice that Qobuz albums that come with digital booklets show up in Roon as having PDF attachments.

I wanted to see how many I had, so I tried to use Focus/Inspector/Has PDF + Focus/Format/Qobuz in the Album Browser. The result was zero, presumably because the “Has PDF” only works for local copies in my Library, and not for streamed copies from Qobuz…

3 Likes

I agree with your choice here, but I can see how people can be wary. Think of an analog preamp: bass and treble set to “0” is not remotely the same as having a switch to remove the tone controls from the signal path. People will always wonder. Maybe when none of the DSP options are selected, if you print “DSP is disabled” you’d have happier campers.