Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

One small radio feature which I’m sure many would appreciate is a ‘Family Friendly’ mode where explicit tracks would not be played in the radio in case you had kids in the vicinity and radio was playing.

1 Like

In the queue screen, press the three dots and toggle on “Filter explicit content in Roon radio”

1 Like

Albeit now “single ended”.

How is this a random picture pulled off of the internet, it’s the proper album cover, with album tracks underneath.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

It may be that Qobuz Favourites should be handled in the same way as Tidal favourites, but Qobuz purchases shouldn’t be. It’s just a question of how Roon implements it so they don’t show up twice. I’m sure Roon will fix it as Brian indicated.

2 Likes

Hi @PatMaddox
The artist in not part of my library, it is one sourced by Tidal. You know the kind of stuff you were listening with your sweetheart before she broke with you and now you cry every time you listen again… just kidding but you got the idea

1 Like

Thank you soo much for including Qobuz into roon, you guys made my day. There is no better way to enjoy music listening period. Great job to the development team and to Qobuz for seeing the strategic fit. (I had to purchase the perpetual license)

3 Likes

Me thinks you can delete Favorite Qobuz Albums from your Album view via Inspector
Or localise them and set a bookmark.
Might help in the meantime.

Yep and like I said, you can add an album / track to your library so the artist will be a part of your library so you can ban them. You can also hide the album so you never see it. It’s counter-intuitive, but perhaps a small price to pay to avoid being reminded of the one who broke your heart :wink:

Ah, put on Fleetwood Mac - Rumours and stop moaning :wink:

.sjb

5 Likes

They are grown ups and can handle feedback. And as much as they make Roon for themselves (which is the ultimate driving force and purpose) they build it for us, the paying customers. And there is nothing more strong and convincing as a direct quote from a user. I think, the Roon team actually deserves honest feedback in the quest of updating the best music library and listing software.
Btw: Telling a user, it his fault and he should just try harder and longer is the usability no-go-worst-thing-you-lost-it-endpoint.

2 Likes

Ha, plenty of machine learning data flowing in for that stuff, via all you old buggers out there… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And in case anyone gets offended (you just never know these days) I would’ve posted least 10 Fleetwood Mac shares on the big ‘now listening’ thread over the last couple of years…

3 Likes

It’s does, I had the opposite played a lot of local files when I used it last night as well as off streaming services. Was quite impressed.

please… don’t!

there’s a key difference between Qobuz and Tidal: on Qobuz you can also buy albums
so, might be the only one, but I always used Qobuz favourites as a temporary repository for albums I wanted to listen to before actually purchasing them then… I either bought the album or removed it from favourites
plus there already is a dedicated Qobuz favourites section

btw… can’t find a way to un-favourite albums/tracks from Roon itself :no_mouth:

After the 1.6 upgrade ROON now longer recognises my MSB DAC. Everything works but I no longer see the MSB picture.

** seems to have fixed itself overnight…

Simply remove the Qobuz album/track from your library.

yes but… can’t do it from Qobuz favourites section (… at least not for tracks)

wait… can’t do it for albums either: favourite albums do show in my library even though they actually are not yet in my library (they all have an “Add to Library” button)

this is really, really, really weird :roll_eyes:

I think this is because the Qobuz section in Roon (like the TIDAL section) is simply a view of their catalogue - and any favouriting that has been done is done using the dedicated app of the streaming service itself.

I’m sorry if I’m failing to understand, but I don’t see the problem. That’s exactly how I was using Favourites in Qobuz. So if the potential purchase shows up in my Roon library it makes it easy to try it out via Roon (and HQPlayer) before either purchasing it or deleting it from favourites (in which case it should no longer be in my Roon library).

But I don’t use Tidal, so maybe I’m misunderstanding how favourites work with Tial and Roon.