Roon 1.6 Lyrics sync

A great improvement to not only have the song lyrics available but to sync them while playing! However if the sync is lost during a song through browsing another screen or even opening another app how do I get it back? It sometimes resyncs when the next song starts.

Hello @Terry_Siederer,

Can you please provide some examples of this behavior? Where are you seeing this behavior? What is your Core and Roon setup like?

Thanks,
Noris

After a lot of investigation I can say it’s track related. The question is when do the first three lines of the lyrics appear highlighted at the start of a song because if they do then the lyrics will not scroll with that particular song.

It’s repeatable. Motown Chartbusters vol 3, Voodoo Lounge by The Rolling Stones and Deep Purple in Rock contain examples of tracks that either do or do not remain synchronised.

The core is obviously 1.6 and my iPad3 is running version 12.1.1

Hello @Terry_Siederer,

I am unable to reproduce your findings. Can you please provide a few specific tracks that exhibit this behavior?

I have tried playing back a few tracks from the Voodoo Lounge album and a few from Motown Charbusters Vol 3 and they’re all syncing up as expected for me.

Thanks,
Noris

It occurred for me on a local library track, Peter Gabriel “Games without frontiers”. Haven’t tried it using a streaming service to see if there is a delay. For me, the delay was 2 lines.

Hello @Rugby,

Thanks for letting me know that track title. I can confirm that the sync is out of place on streaming services as well by two lines and have notified QA.

@Terry_Siederer, please let me know the track names from your report so that I can check those as well.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

No problemo. I noticed it last night while trying DSD playback on my new EVGA NU Audio card I just installed.

1 Like

Strange. Is it the versions that are different? I played Primitive Man (reissue) by Ice House and none of the tracks sync’d

@Terry_Siederer - You’ll want to make sure that realtime lyrics are available for the track:

Primitive Man by Icehouse does not seem to have real-time lyrics available, but just regular lyrics (non-synchronized).

– Noris

I should clarify that for me, when the sync fails it is not out of sync. The lyrics never move from the three lines of highlighted text until the track changes.

Aha! Are there two different icons?

Yes - one with the little clock icon (real-time lyrics) and one without the little clock icon (static lyrics)

1 Like

Hadn’t noticed the different icons. I just chose lyrics straight away. Thanks for this feature. It really adds value to Roon!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Lyrics out of sync - delayed

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.