Roon 1.7 - Can't play anything from Qobuz

As the title states. . .can’t play anything from Qobuz. It sees it and I can select and add to queue but nothing plays.

How can we go back to a prior version?

Hi @Adam_Crafton1,

Two things to try:

1. Reboot the Roon Core.
  2. Logout of Qobuz and then login again.

If that doesn’t help then @support will follow up with you.

Hi @Adam_Crafton1,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Carl’s suggestions above are also defintiely worth giving a try:

Dylan/Carl - I have logged out, rebooted the whole machine, etc. multiple times and nothing changes. All my local files play fine.

No issues prior to 1.7 with Qobuz.

No changes to my server:
Lenovo yoga 700 - 2.3-GHz Intel Core i5-6200U CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD
OS - latest version of Windows 10
Audio devices - BlueSound, Devialet Phantom, Devialet 800, Denon receiver
Library details - unimportant because the library plays fine. It is Qobuz that is not working.

I noticed that there is a black circling icon that is constantly going around that I don’t recall seeing before. See attachment.

56%20PM

Hi @Adam_Crafton1,

Thank you for sharing those details. I have a few follow-up suggestions:

If you click on it, it should reveal more details, please post a screenshot of those details.

I would like to try clearing your cache folder. To do so, you can use these instructions:

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

I would check with the same login account on the Qobuz web player (play.qobuz.com). Are you able to properly play files there?

Noris - the circling black circle reveals no info. When I click nothing happens. I confirmed that I can play Qobuz from pc, phone, and BlueSound app.

With that said, I followed your advice re the cache. Then also re-installed Roon, and added content back slowly. . .my local NAS and waited five or six hours. Then Qobuz. . .waited 5 hours, then Tidal. It appears to be working relatively correctly (just the occasionally odd skip) but nothing like before.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.