Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

A post was split to a new topic: Skipping with Qobuz playback

Same here.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio limited to library after 1.7

I was so impressed with Roon I just had to have the Nuc/Rock setup and the lifetime subscription. Over the past month or so of having all the music I wanted available whenever I wanted the newness had worn off and it was just another part of our entertainment system. Have to say I’m excited all over again with the 1.7 upgrade. Like a kid in a candy or toy store. Great job Roon and thanks.

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with singles album names after update

4 posts were split to a new topic: Diagonal Pixel Issues in 1.7

I‘m not sure… is that the way it should be? Looking at an album I own in my library (eval by sonic youth), Roon shows all Albums of this artist I own below the recommendations (by this artist). If I look to an album of the same artist which is not in my library, no albums of the artist in my library is displayed.

If looking for an album I’d search under albums. Evol?

As you mention Tidal, Spotify mobile experience is way ahead. Not understandable to me why the mobile experience has been neglected for such a long time.

Sorry, English isn‘t my native language. I didn‘t realise that „looking to“ means „searching“. What I wanted to say: if I look at an album on album view, the visibility of „By this artist“ depends on whether the album is in my library or not.

„Evol“ from Sonic Youth is in my library and „by the artist“ is visible. „Experimental Jet Set …“ by the same artist isn‘t in my library and „by this artist“ is not visible.

I must say was spared Celine Dion, though I think Roon has it in for me because I got Shakira instead. Had nightmares about that last night :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the way it is. Why? I don’t know.

A post was split to a new topic: Many skipped tracks, possibly multiple sources

Luckily, in one sense at least, enough people have this problem for Roon to be working it. I am sure it’ll be sorted. They’ve been messing around with buffering so I guess they need to do a bit more messing around.

Alright…
I’ve just had to remove the same Celine Dion album twice now, from the “recommended for you” window. Same album the one where she’s being burned alive, I don’t know the name. I hope this AI gets smart fast, cause I really don’t want it to keep recommending that to me. Uuuggghhh

Crashes my iMac every time. Looks like it is importing all tracks after the long “d’Base update” and then just crashes computer - nothing responsive, have to hit power switch and close Roon on startup to get a functioning Mac.
Have tried deleting and reinstalling - same issue.

Gonna wait til your first bug fix before running again.

Can’t hide “radio sidebar”. Most of the time when I am using Roon it just sits there staring at me, saying “Roon Radio will take over when you’re finished”.

Yes, I know - thanks. Now get out of the way and give me back my clean UI.

4 Likes

Live Radio - Local Stations.

This is very good… but Roon does not correctly detect my location (due to I suspect, my ISP). How to manually override location detected?

Click on the picture/symbol left from the “Hi, XYZ” text to change your name in Roon.

grafik

1 Like

“New Releases for You” is a continuous list that scrolls vertically, all other album view screens are paginated and scroll horizontally. :thinking: I hope 1.8 is a complete UI overhaul…

Love the recommendation features, though!

2 Likes