Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Create a feature request then.

1 Like

You’re right.

1 Like

I am happy to report that build 511 restored the sound quality I previously had prior to the initial 1.7 release.

511 works great for me, but no detectable difference in sound quality.

511 restored the Roon Remote environment on my HP Elitebook.
For that, I express my thanks to the Roon team.

A post was split to a new topic: iPad takes long time to connect to Core

I am happy to see that the red dot is back :slight_smile:

4 posts were split to a new topic: The Look of Love composition issues

Just wanted to thank you for all the work in build 521. I have an old MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012, Core i7, Intel Graphics 4000) with Catalina. There appears to have been a massive reduction in background GPU usage. It was averaging around 50% with a noticeable reduction in GUI interface speed when running. Now back to normal and no fan noise! Thank you - most wonderful!

2 Likes

And that’s a good thing :wink:

6 Likes

Hi, I wonder why there are no more critical voices about the font size in the iPhone Roon application. Personally, I use the iPhone Xr and I also think it should be a bit bigger. The current size is not comfortable. Fortunately, I still have an iPad to navigate in Roon.

Possibly because most of us with that problem wear glasses, which makes it a non problem in the great scheme of things??

2 Likes

The “Recommended for you” section is really great for me. Many of the recommendations found a constant place in my library and for some of the stuff is pretty sure that I probably wouldn’t have listened to it without Roon.

6 Likes

Does Roon work with Spotify now? If no, when will they officially integrate? I have used a complex workaround for a long time. It needs to download Spotify playlists via audfree Spotify Music downloader first and upload the local Spotify songs into iTunes library. Then sync the Spotify tracks from Tunes library to Roon. It takes so much time though it does work.

Roon requires deep integration with streaming services that Spotify currently don’t provide. I wouldn’t hold your breath, also MP3 is not Hi Fi. We do enjoy full integration bringing high res/MQA and CD with Tidal and Qobuz, with great pricing and offers.
Personally I have no interest in Lo Fi streaming at home, what’s the point in this day and age?
You may be best talking to Spotify on this issue. This is my personal take and cannot speak for Roon or Spotify

2 Likes

What do you mean now? First I’ve heard it was ever going to. :thinking:

@andybob, could you elaborate a bit more? What do you mean buffering data in a less disruptive way?

Some general feedback on Roon 1.7…
My main Roon view is the Overview page. I’m not objecting towards the change into Recent activity, that’s kinda cool, but;
“Show all” (in the Recent section on Overview) doesn’t really do what it says anymore. It shows a few pages, and the forces me to spend a bunch of clicks to go into the Album view.

On the same view the Roon team manages to confuse, yet again…
I have set my prefs to “Show more pictures and albums” but here the thumsnails are bigger?

On the same confusion theme, here we got vertical scrolling? Damned guys, make yer mind up!

All in all, small niggles, but i still feel were heading off into GUI mish mash territory, way further than ever before.

What happened to that “major UI overhaul” that was hinted at a few years back?
It’s not useless today, but consistency is a must!

3 Likes

Doesn’t the observation that the last two new features added both have vertical scrolling?

Seems to me they have.

1 Like

I think this is a by-product of the dynamic building of the image, which uses the given size/resolution/scalling factor of the Roon window to decide how big the thumbnails are going to be. I’ve found that for different starting sizes of the Window, Roon will either show the same size of thumbnails, or different sizes across the various Roon screens…