Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Releases For You already in library?

“Conducted by” credit is missing from albums in library. Before adding an album to the library from Qobuz or Tidal, the credit is there. The credit is also missing from albums already in the library.
Before adding to library.

After adding to library.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Mac Mini unable to update to 1.7

Any progress on making Google Nest Hubs working as a display? It still only works temporarily. Looks like 1.7 didn’t address this issue.

3 Likes

Yup, all set :tada:

1 Like

I know it will take a while to process my library, but the first album on the New Releases for You is Celene Dion. Um, NO!

2 Likes

I have to admit.

Although this version has its ‘glitches’, overall I’m liking it. Not a full Roon-head yet, but I’m starting to see the light.

:+1:

Thanks for Roon 1.7. Major upgrade! The radio stations add a lot of functionality for casual listening.

1 Like

extremely agreed

See my post above lol

I had no idea there were so many Celine Dion aficionados amongst us ! Maybe Val has developed a sense of humour.

10 Likes

Working fine here.

I’ve been using Netfilx for 15 years, and its recommendations are still crap. This despite them having some very good people working on it for years. Be interesting – fascinating – if Roon has somehow found something that works better.

The zone icons: I like the idea, although I’m not sure about the toilet or the football.
But the really cool headphone icon I get by default for my Chord rig…

…is not the default, and is not available, for the Benchmark rig, and I have to use this weeny headphone:

This is a problem I have mentioned before, and it is still there.
Roon suggested this album, and the default metadata from Qobuz has the album artists separated by commas. The primary artists are correct, but the album artists are not recognized or indexed correctly:

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Does Valence support non-streaming users?

I haven’t poked around much but for me the speed of the whole thing is much much better. when I open the app on my phone remote I get access probably 5X faster than before. This is with iPhone. Same thing with mac desktop the speed is way better.

could it be telling you something about yourself you’re not aware of?

Does anyone know if there is any way to change the settings on a PC to make the font crisper and clearer in Roon? It’s way too blurry now.

Are you using dark mode by chance? Try light mode and see if it makes a difference for you. Here’s an explanation why it could help.