Roon 1.7 Feedback Thread

Definitely not a Celine Dion fan. Never played yet recommended for me. Also haven’t played any classical music for ages yet 75% of recommendations are classical. Hope it improves with time.

1 Like

Does anyone not have that Celine Dion album in their recommended list? I’m starting to suspect a little joke from the roon team here :grinning:

Thanks for the excellent update guys. I’m particularly enjoying the recommended albums feature that appears when I’m viewing a specific album, so much that I’m flicking through loads of albums just to see what’s recommended :slight_smile: .

This update builds on what has become the most valuable feature of roon for me…discovery of new music.

5 Likes

Yes, awesome job guys! :+1:
Everything goes well and I’m happy with this update and Roon :partying_face:.
Now I buy a lifetime membership.:notes:

Yes, dark mode. I loathe white/light backgrounds so no go for me, thanks though. But I messed around with some windows scaling options (125% was the recommended default), and found 110% looks much better within Roon and pretty much fixes most of the blurriness. Although it makes everything
else on windows a little bit smaller and will take some getting used to.

Or Roon has become unwillingly a promoter of certain artists or music labels?
This worries me a bit. What if I will not have any subscription to Qobuz or Tidal? Will Roon still recommend me albums from these services basically pushing me to subscribe?
I like the feature but I am worried how this will develop. I have a Samsung smart tv wchic is constantly automatically changing channels to these which are promoted by one of the Netflix competitors…
I like this new Roon feature but I believe that user should be able to switch this off.

No Celine Dion for me!

3 Likes

How can I see all track credits (at least performers) in album view without seeing every track credit manually?

Celine Dion also here, and a lot of classical as well. But hey, it’s a learning machine, it needs time to learn things. I’m sure Celine Dion will dissapear from the list sooner or later.

1 Like

Pretty bold update by Roon :wink:

So far I like it. Although I do not understand all the hype around live radio integration. Why would I listen to some 128 kbps radio on my main system? But some people seem to have missed this feature.

4 Likes

Can i just thank the Roon team for making the Rock update so smooth and seamless.
A single click on the app and a minute to download and update.
Happy customer here.

I always used to press Tab + - (minus) to open my Playlists. And now the same keys open “My Live Radio” instead which I don’t need. And Tab + = doesn’t work to open Playlists unfortunately.

you can’t. fun, isn’t it?
roon has all the infos, but does not show them.
there’s not for example a list of performers (not primary artists).
it would be nice (and i think a feature request) to have a one-click collapsible track/credits expansio…

I actually like the new bold font too for the same reasons as you. getting older is no fun!

1 Like

I updated to 1.7 on my QNAP from the Roon player running on my Mac. At least I think that is what happened, Roon said that it was updating the QNAP Roon server. It also shows 1.7 as being the version, although App Manager on the QNAP still shows a September version. In any event I am getting errors when playing from the QNAP via IOS or my Mac. I will sometimes see it go through 5 or 6 tracks in a few seconds before getting the error message:

Not sure about Valence - On my ‘New Releases For You’ recommended feed, I won’t complain about the fairly mainstream releases of Stevie Wonder and Miles Davis etc, but I balk at being offered Celine Dion, Chrissie Hynde, Van Morrison, Grateful Dead, Bach & Beethoven

1 Like

I’m confused. Nothing show up in terms of recommendations, and if I understand correctly, that’s because I don’t use either Tidal or Qobuz. But I don’t see what’s stopping Roon from telling me about new releases and so on for artists I listen to, so I don’t understand that limitation. In the same way, it could propose new artists and tracks based on the crowd-algorithm, it’s just that I couldn’t just click on a track to play it.

Basically, the biggest feature of this update is something that does not even show up on my screen.

Now I’m not entitled, I understand not everything is being done for me. But the original spiel is about me rediscovering music, nothing was said about getting - a very specific - additional subscription on top of Roon. Quite frankly, this feels incredibly disappointing.

4 Likes

Bolt?? BOLD! (Lol)

You can remove the album from the recommendations, which is exactly what I did with Celine Dion :smiley:

Right click on the offending album and then select ‘Dismiss from this list’ in the menu at the top;

10 Likes

You can set-up a free Tidal trial for 1 month but cancel straight away.
You then get a month of Tidal and then once your month is up you will get as you decribe - suggestions but not able to click through

+1 over here for confusion over the value of ‘recommended new releases’, though I am relieved that I am not the only one being offered Celine Dion. Seems particularly irritating given that the message is heralded with the statement that these will be based upon one’s library and use of streaming services - and better than the usual recommendations given in other services . Yes, I get that these should improve based upon use of Qobuz (in my case) but still…

I have looked in settings for a way to turn this feature off, but can’t see it. Anyone know if it can be disabled?

I don’t especially have any strong feelings about the bold fonts personally.

1 Like