Roon 1.7 install failed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows7 64bit Intel Core2 2.67GHz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Motorola Arris SURFboard modem/router connected via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Manhattan DAC via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Downloaded Roon1.7 when prompted but I believe download failed for unknown reason. When I try to run Roon on core machine, I get the following errors:
Could not compile valalpha shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR 1:2: Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared. (this message is repeated about 100 times)
ERROR: Compilation errors. No code generated
When I try to run Roon remote on devices it says it is “waiting for remote core”

Exactly what are the specs of the system you are installing to? I’m guessing it’s too old and opengl 3.0 might be an issue

Hi @Scott_Tweddale,

What GPU does your Core machine use?

Can you download the latest graphics drivers from the manufacturer (I wouldn’t rely on Windows driver updates here)?

Running Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit with Intel Core2 Duo T9550 2.7GHz. I tried installing OpenGL Extensions Viewer to see if I was running OpenGL 3.0 or higher, but it crashes when I run it. Machine is probably 10 years old, but it ran Roon1.6 core fine. Is OpenGL 3.0 a new requirement with Roon1.7?

In a word no, but yes it always was a requirement, but now it more fully utilizes some other OpenGL3.0 features and this is why. Also not that that cpu hardware is way under spec for a good roon experience.

Search OpenGL here for comments.

Dylan, my machine is using an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670. Once I downloaded the latest graphics driver as you suggested, it WORKS! Thanks so much to you and wizardofoz for your help. Much appreciated!!

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Tweddale,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.