Roon 1.7 : showing no audio devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
intel i5/windows 10 based pc/connected via usb to m2tech hiface evo/latest 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

na

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

m2tech hiface evo via usb

Description Of Issue

roon showing no audio devices. it was working fine till morning. still audio output is there from apps like tidal but issue is there with roon only.

A post was split to a new topic: USB Sabre DAC not showing up

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar — sorry for the trouble here.

So we can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service), we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. If you can’t access the database, or if you don’t have anywhere to upload the Zip file, just let us know. We’ll walk you through the next steps here so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

Sorry Dylan, can’t upload the zip file. I would appreciate if you could help me walk through the next steps to resolve the issue.

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar — I sent a PM steps for uploading the files to our servers directly.

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar,

We took a look at the logs you sent over and it looks like RAATServer (which is used to connect to audio devices) is being blocked. Can you try disabling any firewall on the Core machine temporarily and let us know if there is any change?

Hi Dylan … after sending logs to you … next day Roon started working fine but today again stopped working. "There was an issue loading your database"

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar,

Can you send a new set of logs over to us? Please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan! I have sent you the logs via mail. Named 'Sudhir.logs2.zip

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar,

Are you able to share the logs here directly via a link from Dropbox or another file sharing service? If not please let me know and I can provide an alternative method.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan … I have created a zip folder for the logs but unable to send via dropbox, kindly assist me with the alternative method.

Hi @Sudhir_Khokhar — I’ve sent a PM with next steps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.